1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid fenbendazole dosing question

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ABK, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

SCRATCHIN DOG:
    yes and thats 2x a day Buck. ;)

When it comes to the health and care, drill it to me brother!;)

2. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

This is from the PB BIBLE...Panacur/safeguard 10% suspension 1cc 4.4lbs twice a day (every 12hrs) for three days.

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

........yup ;)

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

ooooooooooh, she gonna whoop ya arse!

5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

......lol! :D

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

woops I'm Sorry is that a Miss or a Missess, I'm sorry Scratching Dog ,I' guess that was a case of foot in mouth at its best, and now that i think of it i've seen a pic before too should of known!! :o:o

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Sorry I'm one of those 2 time learners eh! ;)

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

No prob Buck. ;) and thats Miss. :D

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

;);) Cheers!

10. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Fenbendazole does not eliminate the most common type of tapeworm that dogs get. The one from fleas.

Also a 10% solution which is 100mg/ml. If you give 2 cc per 50pds you are not giving enough! At work we give 1cc/ml per 5 pounds for 3 days.

And the correct dosage per the Plumbs Veterinary Formulary is 50 mg/kg by mouth once a day.

11. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Yes Ivermectin will help with mange but depending on the type of mange and the weight of the dog will determine what dosage is needed.

Also that 1/10 of a cc of the 1% solution for heartworm prevention has been used for years. I know but be aware that it it considered an overdose when it comes to heartworm prevention.

What is needed for a correct heartworm prevention dosage is 0.006 mg/kg by mouth.

12. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

I know this is a old thread, but i figured it be better than starting a new one.

Has anyone used the Safe-guard(fenbendazole) 10% PASTE? Not the liquid.
    It comes in a 25gram tube, and it is like $9 at walmart. It says its for Equine.

It says on the package that each gram has 100mg of fenbendazole, so im assuming its the same dosage?
    Somthing like 1gram for every 5lbs of body weight?

13. kimbo42

kimbo42 Pup

you can get more dosages using the liquid but with the paste the dosage for a dog is ten times the dosage for a horse. so a 50lb. dog would get 500lb. of paste for 3 days.

14. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

How is that possible?

15. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

1 gram is equal to 1ml.

So you would still do 1 gram per 4.4 pds of the 100 mg per ml/cc strength. Remember the correct
    Dosage is 50mg per kilogram. Which equals to 50 mg per 2.2 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  16. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

Thank you very much Cynthia.

17. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Also needs to be used once a day for 3 days for Rounds, Hooks, whipworms. Repeat in 2 weeks for confirmed cases. If you need conformation I will take a pic of the Plumb's Veterinary Formulary.

And once a day for 5 days for Giardia.

18. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

What about tapeworms, i read fenbendazole will take care of tapeworms if given 3days in a row? Is this correct?

19. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Not the flea tapeworm Dipylidium caninum (the most common one dogs get). It only takes care of the Taenia species.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012