1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lincoln the Pit Bull

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BullyBreedBlogge, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

BBT we dont have dog parks where I live..But I think it would be up to the city or county to set the rules for thier dog parks..So no 2 are going to have the same regulations.

2. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

Is it just me or does it seem that every Joe newbie has the recipe or thinks he has one that will turn these dogs into nice dog park lap dogs,and people who know these animals and accept them for what they are.Are dog fighters.Man this crap is getting old.

3. hardluck

hardluck Banned

yep these dogs are smart its just the owners arent most of time lol. i think the whole living with other animals really has to do with the size and breed of the animal, but mostly its size and how long the dog has lived with that animal. its not uncommon to have these dogs living with other family dogs, but most of the time you here of them living with smaller animals cat or dog. i have mine living with a rat terrier. they get along good and are both the same sex. its not to say 2apbt's cant get along but three would be a crowd and more of a worry for me. i think sadieblues is on bored time, but all the dogs look like they play fair from the pic. no scratches bites or anything on them so it looks like the are listening to each other or you when it comes to rough playing lol. nice dogs though sadie they look healthy and my comment wasnt to knock you in any way just stating my opinion.

the dog park you always have that one that must take the dog there. just make sure to have just your dog in there and make sure you remove your dog before someone comes in if you must take the dog there. i wouldnt go there myself too much of a hassle and worry for me jmo. i would much rather take the dog to a fenced in baseball field or football field if i wanted that.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Hard luck no offense taken I am not sure how much longer it will last but for now they seem to do ok. I am ok with separation when the time comes.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Thats exactly what is happening coop-dog ,They watch the dog whisperer shit and wind up adopting some type of pit bull mix that acts decent around other animals and all the sudden they start blogging on the net about "its all about how you raise them'.Thier by far the most dangerous to our breed.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Amen bamaman it's scary to think how strong of a voice and influence those Kind of people have on our breed.

7. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

Ain't that the truth a buddy of mine just got a American bullie.As far as they are concerned its a apbt.Oh and his old ladie is now an expert on the breed that is the scary part.

8. BBT

BBT Big Dog

hahaha yas arent kidding ..

You should see when these guys get together.. These guys are worse than the UKC dual reg folk..

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

LOL They even come up with new and interesting breed names for bullies that are mixed up with APBT x Staff Blood ... Pitterstaff! I mean really? A pitterstaff? lol That's what they call those dog's who don't quite fit the adba standard but can just about slide with the UKC standard. Imagine telling someone I own a pitterstaff lol WTF!

10. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

Well Sadie I was once told my Lucy who is a little staffy was a Alabama Red nose and I was wrong she was not a staffy.Just recently I was informed my staffies are black nose mini pits I tell yeah

11. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Well golly gee willikers! Who'd a thunk it. Man, so surprising how everyone else knows more about your dogs than you. Jusy bewildering i tell ya! Lol

12. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

LMAO!!!! @ Alabama Red nose People are crazy gotta love it when they try to tell YOU how your own dogs are bred!

13. Let me ask you something, do you support breed-specific-legislation?
    It seems to me you would; at the very least you believe every APBT should be barred from interacting with other canines.

Your points are legitimate but they are also fused with personal opinion. I don't really see any relevance in your point as far as it concerns my website and it's content being that;
    -It is not just unfair but also quite ridiculous of you to retire every APBT in the world to a DA life, unable to play or interact with other dogs. I know many Pit Bulls that are fine with other dogs. Of course I know just as many that aren't but you don't forsake one because of another.

But you also cannot say that socialization is a bad idea and that we should worry about a puppy getting diseases from other dogs instead? That is your opinion. Your dogs.

-You won't find any post I have written that denies the Pit Bulls dog aggressive nature. Don't you think maybe that is why I wrote the article?

Not every APBT is dog-aggressive, you should not act as if that is the case. In my estimation it is you and those who think like you, who are giving this breed a black eye by being lazy and resigning the dogs to the negatively shaded bed that has been made for them.
    Meanwhile some Pit Bull owners go far out of their way to cast a better light on the breed, bringing them into the public eye and showing them off as well-behaved and respectful of other people and animals.

I think most APBT owners, if not all, know exactly what kind of dog they are dealing with. You created a straw-man for this argument, and that is fine by me but it doesn't solve any of your perceived problems.

I say "right on" with everything you said before that point. But as for the quote, I will again reiterate the fact that while history may in a general sense tell the average person that APBTs are DA, in a practical sense that is just not the case with 100% of the dogs. Some Pit Bulls are DA and some are not and will never be, for whatever reason.
    Lying is not something we do at nd if your dog kills another dog, its your fault and no-one elses.

I really am kind of shocked to see a bunch of Pit Bull owners actually fighting against another person for trying to undo some of the negative and stereotypical hogwash peddled for truth about their dogs. Nobody is hiding anything, we accept our downsides and focus on the up. Don't hate on someone for trying to strengthen a weakness.

I can't respond to everyone so while I will read, there isn't much more I can say on this topic.

14. Again you are arguing with a straw-man. Stop the chest-thumping, its unreasonable and you really add nothing to an otherwise legitimate argument.

If you think there is an APBT owner who believes what you just said, then I would be all for you surrendering your dogs and going to a psych ward.
    So I think we can both agree that it is a ridiculous notion.

15. BBT

BBT Big Dog

BullyBreedBlogge

You are on a game dog website not a pet bully site...
    Heads here favor working dogs or pure bred APBT.

I urge you to continue your efforts but do so elsewhere. And you would do the dogs a favor if you learned the difference amongst the bully and "pitbull" type breeds.
    Thanks

16. You may very well be right.

Because it seems the members here believe their APBT's to be a different breed of dog than the ones stuck in shelters across America.

I don't have the ability to raise myself a 'working-dog', you won't find any articles on my website about it.
    I do know what an APBT is though, I work with them every day and come home to them.

I guess the rubber meets the road right there. Your dogs are just different. That's cool, raise them how you want. I am all for it.
    But don't come after me for trying to pick up the slack others choose to leave behind.

17. BBT

BBT Big Dog

You are wrong man!!

YOU DO NOT HAVE APBT
    YOU are labeling AmStaffs, Dual Regs, BullyMixes, etc as APBT and are WRONG

18. Thanks I do appreciate the support but I will be sticking around a bit. I like what this community has to offer, it is different and I wish to learn more about the 'game dog' side of things. Seems like a good place to do it.

19. BBT

BBT Big Dog

The shelter problem is ALSO CREATED BY PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU!
    I will tell you this much.... GB APBT are very rare.... The majority of dogs labeled pitbull are not APBT they are mixes. Out of all the dogs that come through your doors or on your group only 1% are GB APBT... You have bully mixes.. Like I said may you be blessed for what you do with pets but please EDUCATE YOURSELF..

20. BBT

BBT Big Dog

To be honest you may not understand it. I know it is certainly within your grasp of comprehension however I do not believe you would understand how working dogs work or why or even understand the science behind blood sports such as dog hogging, cock fights, etc etc

And for you to understand gamesness it cannot be read. You will need alot of time to truly learn what it is..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.