1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lil dog

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by junkyard, Oct 20, 2010.

1. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Today is the day that i have been dreading for years, a good friend[one of my best] is putting his beloved dog to the eternal dirt nap. Dog in question is a fila/dane cross and has been amongnst our crew for ten years. It was the dog that made me change my mind about cross breeds and also the dog that made me love them protection dogs. lil has been the dog that made me look into the way different breeds act and i truly love the bitch. we dug a hole or her a few days ago for her and i was in tears from the start. i love this dog as much as its owner, sounds stupid but i feel a little guilty for my breed of choice we cannot have her here without issues , i know its not my fault but i still feel bad. During this dogs life i have culled out five plus dogs but this is the one that is killing me, different breed different job, and this fucker has prevented break ins and issues her whole life.
    I feel like she is mine and as much as she is being put to sleep tommorow at 5pm she is sitting on my couch crying to me like she was my own.
    This is the dog that made me love the fila breed from the start and she is the last of her kind down here as much as i know.
    It took me two years for this dog to take me as her own but since then we have been family and besides my own dogs ive never loved a dog like i do this one, i have ALLWAYS been able to make the ultimate choice for the best reason but this time i am weak and its not even my dog. Due to the circumstances i have had her in my care for four days and its only made things worse, even as i type this she is whinging to me and its bringing me down to earth. Her owner is dealing with it his own way but i dont know if im getting soft but ive never ever acted this way with anything thats come through my yard.
    I was a mess today and i dont know why, its been ages since i had to say goodbye in the flesh to a house dog but it has seriously shaken me up.

I wont say goodbye until the greendream kicks in but its gonna shake me up. i am the only person who can do the job and i am actually shitting myself to make sure it goes down smooth. I actually feel soft about doing the job and its shaken me up like i never expected is this normal? it dont feel it.

And laugh as you will this is the first night in along time where my own dog will sleep with me on my bed.

Not game to write RIP until it happens but i will be so very sorry to see her go.

I may post some pics up but i will wait for the owners permission first.

2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure she had a good life and is probably ready to go. Its never easy but its the kindest thing we can do to prevent suffering. Keep your chin up.

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Sorry to hear that. When I had to put my first apbt girl down it was hard as hell. Some dogs just have that connection with you, I have gotten rid of dogs before and after never with the same feelings - even with my current apbt it ain't the same. Your not soft man, it was just a special dog. Good luck to you, and I will keep both of you in our prayers tonight.

4. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

So sorry to hear. It's tough when you feel connected to that special dog. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, makes it so hard to have to say good bye. My thoughts are with you...

5. che

che Top Dog

It is always so hard for me to have to say good bye to my frends.

6. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Thinking of you today mate. Must be tough! I went through a similar deal with my first ridgey and it still rocks me to think about it. I hope it all goes smoothly for you and the old girl.
    It's more than normal when it's a good one. You make some sort of connection I guess.

7. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

wow, that sucks, im sorry to hear JY.

It is VERY hard to say goodbye :(

Thoughs are with you and your mate

8. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Well we did the job last night, all went smooth and we buried her behind the shell of her owners old dodge phoenix which she use to protect when we were out cruising.

She was pretty much a protection dog, bought because of the area the owner lived in at the time, in the five years he had her there his was the only house on the street that was never broken into ever, she was very smart and could pick a scumbag from a mile away. During our "courtship" which went for about two years too long she bit me on the arse six times, not hard just letting me know who the boss was and not to mess with anything in her house, i had to earn her friendship and once i had she would hug me like a pup and greet be with two , two feet long saliva shoelaces she would joyfully wipe on my pants.

RIP lil aka old bee

9. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

was her time because of old age? It is the hardest part of loving animals

10. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

She was showing rapid muscle waste and her hips were starting to give her some pain.
    A new cyst every month or so and she was getting grumpy and only certain people can handle her.
    Also had something to do with the owners ex but thats obviously private stuff on his behalf.
    She would have had a year max in her if that and she would have been in pain that whole time i think, it was the smartest and fairest choice.

11. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Sounds like the right choice was made. It's hard to watch them deteriorate. Poor ole' girl. Those big fellas just don't live that long. It's the only thing I hate bout the molosser types. I'm prolly looking at having to make the same decision before long myself with my protection girl, so I can definitely sympathize with you. At least she went peacefully. I'm glad that she could be in your life, and you will always have fond memories of her to look back on.

My sincerest condolences for both you and your friend....

RIP Lil dog...

12. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

R.I.P lil dog Junk Yard I am sorry for your loss:(

13. Germanic

Germanic Pup

Never easy to lose a dog. sorry to hear of this bad news junkyard.

Rest In Peace

14. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

sorry to hear mate, its always hard culling the good ones.

15. QUATTRO

QUATTRO Pup

Nothing wrong with catchin some kinda feelins over a dog. I feel like to some being indifferent to the death of a dog makes them feel tough. Guess I ain't a tough guy....damn.

16. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

If you feel nothing when culling a dog you have no bussness in the dogs.

17. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

whoops wrong post