1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lights

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by crimsonghost, Feb 1, 2012.

1. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

I'm looking for outside lights, like the ones you see at Christmas tree stands. It's basically an extension cord. With alot of light bulbs on it. If anyone has any they'd like to sell or know where to get em let me know.

Thanks in advance

2. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Post a pic or more details.
    What kind of application and results are you looking for?

Look into "temp lights" these can be found anywhere dirt cheap. They are used on the job and are easy to find. Not sure if what your looking for but if you need cheap lighting easy to hang try these.

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

I don't have a pic. The ones I have seen are usually a yellow cord, with a normal size light bulb about every 5 feet.

4. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Harbor freight has them. I've got some. Came in handy in our building when tenants moved out and we found out our hallway was supported by their electric. Grainger also I believe they have a website

5. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Yes those are temp lights. How many feet do you need? Or give me an idea what your trying to do. Due to shipping I can only help out if you need alot and if you did need alot temp lights probably wouldn't be the way to to. For an indoor project I assume?

6. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

I want em for outdoors. I want to use em to light my yard. How many feet I need honestly depends on the price. I'd like to not have to spend more then $100

7. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Ok don't use temp lights. Cheap and easy I would reccomend solar stick ins. Not knowing how big your yard is, or the kind of visibility you need but generally speaking on the cheap you can use weatherproof solar stickins and maybe just on perimeter use a few directional motions.

Temp lights you would be blowing lamps every day and sockets not weather proof.

8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

I want more light, then just the stick ins. I guess I'll just have to do a few flood lights.

9. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Yeah
    Maybe set up for a daisy chain.
    And just start at panel to first junction then add down the road as you want. Do you have trees that can work in your favor? Any way good luck

10. hardluck

hardluck Banned

hay crimsonghost nice dog there on your avitar. its a big change from the other one lol hahahaa lol..... i felt like you were flicking me off every time i would read one of your posts haahaha lol......
    sorry i didnt have info to add just enjoying the new avitar.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

home depo, lows, sears really any retail that sells items for the yard. search the outdoor lighting section usaly neer by the lawn furniture & grills in wall mart. if it's for paths & such they have lights in plastic tubes that lay flat of different lengthens. to light your yard to be visible at night. out door garage light assumably are cheap & easy enough to rig up. home & garden stores are your best bet.

12. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Yea I'm gonna have to look for something this weekend. I want the lights on the cord, cause theirs trees that would be in the way of other lights. The lights on a cord I could just simply go around the trees and still light up the whole yard.

13. celangant

celangant Pup

Amazon.com has what looks like full size bulb string lights for $70

14. BBT

BBT Big Dog

When it makes sense, I recommend the directional solar motion lights and place on vulnerable parts of your perimeter or just stick one in corner. It will only go on when there is motion coming towards your yard. Hopefully there is a tree you could hide one on..

Not sure if your going to find weather proof string or temp lights with that budget..

15. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

You can get the lights you want at Lowes. I think they are about $60 for one string.