1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lets clear out the shelters and feed people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by geezuss, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

Well we have starving people all over the world.In other countries its considered a delicacy to eat dog. Why wouldnt we clear our shelters out and feed these starving people the dogs? Now i would never in my life eat one but wouldnt this be killing 2 birds with one stone? i know it may sound gross but in the highlands of south america they breed and eat guinea pigs and in the USA we breed chickens and cows to eat... What are your thoughts? btw this is a serious question..

2. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

you my friend are an idiot.

3. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
  4. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

how is that idiotic? it would clear the shelters and would help save peoples lives at the same time?i would never in my life eat one but people in other countries love dog meat.

see there you go jelet there hanging up in the market . i think peoples lives are more important than the dog after all a dog really is just property.

5. venom

venom Top Dog

Better solution, instead of spending trillions on killing people why not spend trillions on helping them. Iraq-Afghanistan is costing us enough to literally end world hunger and would make a super dent in world poverty.

6. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

7. venom

venom Top Dog

Dogs are legally property, but thats not "just" all a dog really is.
    Anyone who thinks a dog is just a peice of property probably shouldn't own one.

8. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

no i know , but i mean we raise cows, pigs, chickens and other to be eaten. so these dogs in the shelters can help to save people . most are going to be put to sleep anyway so why waste them? hell people own pigs as pets and they are smart as hell but we still eat them.

9. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

:p its a serious question though, i think it would help alot of people!!

10. venom

venom Top Dog

yeah, i think i seen someone post on here recently that dogs that have been vaccinated and all of that could poison you... not sure if there is any truth to that. I personally don't see much wrong with an animal that has been bred for food... but there's definitely a difference in actual pet dogs. Dogs are man made, I don't really agree with eating something we've engineered for another purpose... to be mans best friend. Loyalty, trust, love, determination, smarts, and everything else that we love our dogs for we have put into them selectively. So, the more i think about it the more i disagree with it. although when i first seen the topic on another thread i really wasnt that oppose to the idea lol

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Man you're crazy. I'm serious man that's just crazy. I don't know if I should laugh or not but I'm doin it anyway.

12. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

lol yardboy when i thought about it i was kinda laughing but disgusted at the same time. But when you think of it really its not a bad idea. I understand venom that we bred them and all to be mans best friend but in other countries they have them as pets and eat them as well. Like i say i would never want to even try to eat a dog and it kinda makes me sick to think of it but what about these people in other countries that are dieing ? its not really fair to them that we have shelters with Millions of dogs just sitting there getting fat or being put down and creamated and basically thrown away. America is supposed to be the "helper" to the world right? we just sit here and let people die and dont do anything about it . I just see something wrong with that. Ive heard of the poison thing to but dont know if there is truth in it or not either because cows and pigs get vaccinated as well and we eat them. Cows are man made to though we have all different types of cows ones for meat look totally different than ones for milk and so on.

13. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. Just because places like Korea, Taiwan, Japan and various other Far East countries indulge in eating dog doesnt make it right infact I think it should be stopped. Im sure they breed dogs for their food and im sure they have plenty of their own strays that the homeless can feed off of, so why would we send our dogs there to be tortured and killed for food? Do you realise how they cook dog? Do you know they skin dogs alive before cooking their meat? Do you know what conditions they keep their dogs in? Do you know they boil dogs alive to cook them? Still wanna send dogs there?
    And anyway IMO you cannot compare a dog to a cow, pig, fish, goat, chicken etc........a dog is far more intelligent and aware of what is going on around him/her.

14. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

• Over 9 million people die worldwide each year because of hunger and malnutrition. 5 million are children.
    • Approximately 1.2 billion people suffer from hunger (deficiency of calories and protein);
    • Some 2 to 3.5 billion people have micronutrient deficiency (deficiency of vitamins and minerals);
    The direct medical cost of hunger and malnutrition is estimated at $30 billion each year.

approximately 6 to 8 million animals enter U.S. shelters every year, with 3 to 4 million of those animals being euthanized.

15. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I bet one bullypig could feed a whole village for a month.

16. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

im really unaware up until you now telling me how it works to be honest. i do not think they dogs should suffer at all but there may be some humane way to do it. how do we put down the cows, pigs , chickens and such for our consumption? i know dogs are smart but pigs are believed to be just as smart if not smarter than dogs and we eat millions of them each year. look at this link on pigs:
    Give pigs some space: Just how smart are pigs?

17. venom

venom Top Dog

I'll gladly help another american... but i'm not feeding my dog or your dog to someone else based on the facts that its not taboo in their country lol

18. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

What makes you think the starving people of the world would want to eat dog, I think to offer them dog would be an insult if thats not their choice of meat. How about people stop breeding and focus more on charity work, donating money and flying out to these countries and helping out? How about we stop invading countries and save that money we spend on wars to feed the hungry and solve poverty?
    Theres a whole load of different ways to solve world hunger and poverty other than to send all unwanted dogs to those countries.

19. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

I would believe that if I saw a pig sit, stay, retrieve and play dead....but till then, dogs are far superior IMO. :D
    Slaughter houses shock the animal dead, its supposed to be painless. But I would never agree or vote for that policy where unwanted dogs are sent to another country to be eaten.

20. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

i would never feed my dog or anyone elses dog to them either but they are unclaimed in the shelters and we kill these animals anyway and do nothing with them . sonia you want to see how smart the pig is watch the video in the link i posted :p .I would agree it may be insulting but if its a matter of life and death i would eat whatever was offered to me and im not sure the people would care what they are eating to be honest. i would gladly help any person if they need something , its just a thought though and i think we should stop invading other countries and use the money to fix our own country but we have no say in the matter when it comes to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.