1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Least human aggressive tendency

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by geezuss, Mar 11, 2010.

1. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

We all know that APBT are supposed to be Human Friendly. Now a breeder cant know EXACTLY how a pup will be when it gets older but can have a very good idea from the way its bred. In peoples opinions what is the Least likely bloodline to he Human Aggressive and what bloodline/cross is the Most likely to throw HA dogs?

2. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

cmon people we all know there were alot of manbiters back in the day that were bred and are still being bred weather youd like to admit it or not.. thanks :)

3. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

all of the bloodlines...none of the blood lines...the topic should be what to do when the signs of HA arise...then let 90% say what everyone else should do...9% will tell you what they would do....and the last 1% can tell you what they did...
    had one off CGD CH. Jethro to a mayday bitch...all was fine til he was about 13-14 months..1st day he grabbed my pants leg at the bottom...took it was playing as he was an excellent hide worker...very next day he placed his mouth on my leg and did not bite but sort of let me know...the next day he met me at his chain'e end with teeth and a growl...i went back to the house and got some prevenative medicine and he after measuring the rigth dosage that dog never had any type of human aggression again.
    but i do not think it is any more in one line than the next...it's as individual a trait as there is any other....US1

4. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I was askin somebody about Maholmes Alligator dogs one time and the person I talked to said they were good dogs but if crossed into the wrong blood would be some real maneaters. Anybody heard this or know what cross it was? He said he couldn't remember himself.

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

my older bro in TX yard is mostly heavy alligator and his dogs are def man eaters. I dont like them but he doesnt sell dogs and they keep people away so he doesnt care. I dont know if its the blood or just his dogs but thats my experience with that bloodline

6. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

i mean in the past you dont think that a certain line was more likely to throw HA dogs than not at all? i mean we can talk about a different breed of dog more likely to bite than not. and the different bloodlines are different genes so in reality its kind of a valid question no?

7. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

yea thats fine though if he wants to keep them and there man biters thats his problem lol . but i mean im sure there are those bloodlines that half the pups probly should have been culled if the breeder was doign their job no?

8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i have just always graded mine on an indivudual basis...i understand there are family traits that we strive for but if my 'redboy' dog is not game i can't lump the entire family based on that....if my bolio dog is dumb as a box of rocks i can't say all bolio dogs are like mine...if this were 20-30 years ago it would be easier and more accurate to say this line is that and this line is that but the 'lines' of today from yesteryear are crossed and watered..even the tightest bred 'lines' are many generations removed from the originators...today it is really hard to group a line because of 'tendencies'....that is why i said..all of them...none of them...

9. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

yea i understand 100% where you and everyone else is coming from. but i mean just like breeding for the right reasons and breeding for the right traits and getting them people have bred these man biters such as bullyson so it would only be natural to think that those dogs would throw some manbiters imo. and we obviously cant tell from a pup if hes gona grow to be a manbiter we can look in his peds though and get some sort of idea no?but thanks answers everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010