1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Leash Law

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by david63, Sep 22, 2012.

1. david63

david63 CH Dog

Last weekend i was walking my dog talking to my meighbor from the road. he has a rottweiler on the front porch with a wooden gate on the front porch his dog bust through the front wooden gate he did not even try to grab his dog. it was me and my son and that big s.o.b coming straight 4 me and my dog my son try to grab the dog before it got to us. that dog got around my son. the owner did not even attempt to grab his dog. well it happen in the street I bet next time he wished he would have kept his dog on the front porch that big s.o.b started screamin like somebody shot him now he's threatenrd to call animal control. and his dog ran out of his yard in to the street. I live augusta georgia any advice or help HAY MY DOG WAS ON A LEASH.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I would think he's in the wrong if your dogs leashed. But then again I live in pa so the laws may be different there.

3. david63

david63 CH Dog

Hay thanks a lot for answering.

4. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

Well, I the same can be said to him. Both dogs are considered dangerous by law. You could have said the same.

I remember a year ago I was walking my dog and a lab came running out of the owners yard. I ended up kicking the shit out of that dog. Kicked him in the face twice. The owner wasn't too happy about it, but I told him to leash his dog up. It is the owners fault not yours. Bsl laws state that if your dog is under bsl it must be leashed at all times. You are not in the wrong. Kick that dog clean in the face next time. The kick I gave that lab taught that owner to keep hold of his dog better. I still walk past that house today and have never had a run in again.

5. jacko

jacko CH Dog

in an ideal world i would let my dog take care of his dog and i would kick the owner in the face. lol
    but we can"t do that can we. and it would project a bad image for any witnesses .so nowadays i try to keep cool and let the heat fall on the agresser .

6. AGK

I typically just pick my dog up while talkin shit to the owner of the unleashed dog about how this is the reason why we have leash laws or my favorite saying " that's a good way to get your dog killed". They almost always know its there fault. Now that's with smaller dogs. If a dog the size of a rottie came at us, well that ones on his own as I'm not going to get bit by someone else's mutt. Ill just keep hold of my leash while my charge handles his/ her buisness. One good hold is usually enough to make a lesser breed start to pump his brakes and start back peddling. I try to avoid the latter part of my post since my dogs are APBT and becase of that they will be automatically blamed for the incident even though they were the leashed dog.

7. david63

david63 CH Dog

I believe that's the problem now my dog took control and the hardest thing was breaking my dog off his i needed a break stick did not have 1 and i was more scared of his dog biting me. that big s.o.b

8. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

That may be the problem. I've kicked a dog picked up my dog, but never have I let get hold of another on a walk. No one in the general public wants to see that. Pick another route to walk If you can and start fresh. If you can't pick another route make sure tohave a break stick next time.

david63 likes this.
  9. david63

david63 CH Dog

I have picked another route already and a break stick too. and walking earlier this morning too.

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i hate rottweilers, ive faced off with a loose one in the past and it spooked the hell out of me. i have no sympathy for nasty man biters, or their idiot owners. perfect medicine for a big dog....

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. david63

david63 CH Dog

yes my friend i see the picture. HO YES.

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

OH yes i forgot to mention he and his girlfriend on the front porch there probably 25 years old.

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Most leash laws is full of shit. Even though you are technically in the right by abiding by the leash law you can still be held accountable/liable if your dog injuries or kills another dog that was not on a leash.

Like AGK , said best way is to avoid trouble and pick your dog up. Carry a break stick and a utility pocket knife.

14. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

lol,that's how I feel.I don't care for them at all.

david63 likes this.
  15. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

Happens alot where i live. I typically pick my dog up, exspecially if its one in keep i avoid an accident with another dog at all cost. If its not a dog in keep i may just grab my dogs collar and lift his front feet off the ground until the owner secures there dog but if their dog bites my dog i'll set him down and let him defend hiself.

david63 likes this.
  16. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

This is why I l have a stick and a knife on me when I walk my dogs. I have had numerour incidents with people around here. Needless to say, most times it is a little lap dog( chi wau type) that does not get harmed. I just usually boot a dog and if it comes back, ill hold mine and look around. If owner is there, I'll let them have it. If not, my dog will usually keep bigger dogs at bay. They would not typically start any shit, just finish it. People need to learn. If nothing happens, than the shit will keep happening.
    Like AGK said.

I ain about to trust someone elses 100 plus lbs man biter around me, any of my dogs, or kids.

david63 likes this.
  17. AGK

I'd hate for the public to see that scenario but when I walk dogs my 7 year old is usually with me and no way am I going to get her or myself bit by someone else's dog ( especially anything over 80 lbs). I prefer Lee's way of thinking however being in an urban environment, I'm not sure but I'd imagine I'd get in some trouble for shooting a dog in the city. I can see the news coverage now, pistol wielding, pitbull owners shoots families beloved pet. Lol
    I'd rather the dog I was walking just handles the situation as it really wakes up people who let their dogs run free. These incidents are unavoidable if you live within city limits as it don't matter when you walk or what time of the day it is there's always other dogs nearby. Just have to be prepared for it an do the right thing when it does happen.

18. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

this is something that really pisses me off, my sbt when he was a pup was attacked by a staffy cross, my dog was leashed and the other was not. i kicked the aggressor 3 times to get rid of it and i was the one who was in the wrong, or so the woman owner thought. i decided to call the police and report it and they told me that if it was just a dog on dog incident and noone got bitten then it was not a police matter, nothing to do with them at all so now i just warn the owners to get their dogs under control and if they fail to do so i let my dog deal with it.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

heres a bit of advice...dont let your dog deal with it, do it yourself. its much better that you look like the badyguy instead of your dog.
    thats why i carry a pistol and an ASP baton, by law i have the right to defend me and whats mine. fuck loose dogs and their fuckhead owners.

david63 likes this.
  20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

where I live in Alabama we have no leash laws ,really no laws at all governing animals..Of course dog fighting is illeagal outside of that no laws..So i have to be real careful when I walk mine ..I am going back to what i use to do and find a old country dirt road and walk my dogs that way I wont be bothered.

david63 likes this.