1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

learning.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr. Brownstone, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

So i been into the dogs for a long time. Only owned em for a couple years tops. I could not be more happy owning one as i waited a long time to own as i wanted to have a proper home for a dog. I used to live in NYC and i personaly dont want my dog living that way.

So my question is this. I want to learn abut the history of this breed. I am looking for the most accurate dipiction of the breeds history. I have dug around the internet quite a bit on my own. I found sites like Rios a couple years ago that had sonme good info. Found some threads on here about spec dogs and such.

But i am looking for something more complete, not just about one dog but about the conception of the breed and the evolution. Some content about indavidual dogs is ok but i dont wanna basicly just read a ped and match history. I am sure when i get the basics down reading of spec dogs and there own story will be the next step but for now just some more general stuff is what i am looking for.

Also where will i find these books..like are they all still in print. Or can i find this type of info on the web?

Cheers!!!

2. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Stratton always wrote a good book and i love the rios site been checkin that out 4 years but there is way to much opinion in the history of the dogs to find one source that tells all.

3. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Look at some of the articles I have posted in the history section of this site, there's a ton of good reading here.