1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

large pits

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GalDemSuga, Dec 19, 2005.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

Good post.

Regards.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I was close, the first dog looks like a light 60 in that pic Tab! You bluffin us.

3. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

No he was 60 there..he was pantin so it made him look a little more "sucked " in..lol

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I suppose I'll take your word for it,but only cuz I cant prove it! hehehe jk

he's a biggun. Looks real good though.

5. americandream

americandream Top Dog

wow that 60lb surprised me. but no one guess on my old school pic yet..........

6. MPD

MPD Big Dog

A "Large pit" is nothing more than a dog bred for its size and color for or bought from a person that for some reason needs a damn dog to prove his ego. Someone who needs to feel cool among his peers or something like that. These people also make some of us look bad. Come on, me walking on of my 30lb apbts, I feel real gansta now.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, few of these large pit owners do something with the large mutts like hunting or weight pull. As long as they are doing something with the dog like working them, I have no problem with them, their just not my "type" of dog. But when they just sit back and breed for a buck, and whats worse, there are people dumb enough out there buying them, who dont know any better because they are also mislead to believe this breed if all chest, head and what othe urban myth that comes with it.

A large pit is nothing more than a bandog.

7. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

Alot Of What I See Advertised Is A Trend. The Trend Is To Have A Dog That Looks Like A Cross Between A Mastiff And Bull Terrier Or A Old Englishbulldog And Am Staff Or Some Other Concoction It Just Does Nt Reseemble The Breed I Feel In Love Wit. Granted Within This Breed As It Was Depicted In Times Past There Are All Types Of Shapes And Sizes Short And Stocky Like Zebo Or Tall And Rangy Like Alligator Small Like 35 Colors Vary I Like The Black An Tan As Wall As Merele But Most Dogmen Dont Care About Color Even Thouh Thet Have Favorites . All My Dogs Are Mostly Black And Are 50 -55 Lbs So What Its What I Like And What I Feed. But If I Wanted A Real Bigdog I Would Get A Greatdane Or Irish Wolfhound Or Maybe Really An Alphapha Bulldog To Be Honest. My Point Is I Would Go Outside This Breed Rather Than Creat My Own And Call It What I Want To At Expense Of Destroying The Original Idea Of Those Who Started This Breed I Have Come Love. There Is A Book Breeding Dogs For Dummies I Like It It Makes Some Valid Points I Will Post It Separatly. God Bless

8. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BREED DOGS YOU NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST GOALS IN MIND. 1. MENTAL AND PHISICAL HEALTH 2. RESPECT FOR THE ORIGIN AND PURPOSE OF THE BREED.

THIS IS FOUND IN TH SECOND CHAPTER OF THE BOOK. IT IS EASY TO READ AND HAS GOOD POINTS. I WILL END WITH A WARNING FROM THE BOOK.AND I AM BY NO MEANS TRYING TO SAY IAM AN EXPERT OR THIS BOOK IS THE FINAL AUTHORITY OR HAS NO ERROR IN IT.

"CHANGING A BREED MEANS ELIMINATION OR ADDING PHISICAL OR TEMPERMENTAL CHARATERISTICS.THE STANDARD OF PERFECTION IS ALTERED TO SUIT THE WHIMS OF THE BREEDER. THERE IS NO WAY TO VEIW THIS OTHER THAN COMPLETE DISRESPECT FOR THE GENIUS THAT WAS OVIOUSLY INVOLVED IN THE BREED'S CREATION" PG.23

9. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

YoungLion, thanks for posting this. Quite true if you're asking me! Do you mind if I use this quote in my signature?

10. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

I DID NOT MAKE IT UP GO RIGHT AHEAD.