1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

large pits

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GalDemSuga, Dec 19, 2005.

1. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

What, you gon call me gay too? lmaoooooo. I'm sorry I don't know as much about the dogs as you:rolleyes: . I think it's funny how you can't keep a point, you kinda just hop around to make yourself look like you're right. YOU'RE WRONG. Deal with it...you're what, 36? lol. Time to realize, sometimes you're wrong.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Ok, so I'll be sure to pass along the info to my children when I have them to bet on whatever team Yao's kid is one, because his genes should allow him to grow to at least 8' in that time right?

They are freaks(in the genetic sense, nothing personal) they are not going to continue to consistently throw freaks. What will happen is they will produce the average of their line and will always have a tall family, but there is limitations. Same as the limitations in the dogs, breeding largest to largest would make larger dogs, but there are limitations. The same day Yao starts pumping out 8' babies I will believe these blue lines can CONSISTENTLY throw 120 lb. dogs.

3. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i just wanna laugh.....at the yao ming thing

4. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

in the case of humans he would have to reproduce 8-12 times to equal the genetic crosses a dog can throw in one litter. but he would produce some smaller some large and some average if he got that much booty (he is an NBA player after all lol). in the dogs case there will always be a variance its how you end up with pick and runt in a litter. but if you continuosly breed biggest to biggest you will get large and larger animals.

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Wow... At least some of you are following what I mean. SEAL exactly right.

No it doesnt guarentee that he will throw huge kids everytime, much like peopl ethat suffer from dwarfism can have regular children.. it simply increases the likelyhood. Now if he got with a woman that shared the "gigantic" gene then it would increase the liklihood of big kids.

They will not consistantly throw freaks but even with the occasional big kid.. it increases the average size of thier children... does it not? And much as SEAL pointed out with dogs the age of maturity and reproduction is much lower so you are getting many more generations and are seeing the average increase on a much faster scale.

We are increasing our average size, mostly due to diet, so who knows 8 foots might be in the future, no time soon mind you... but it can happen

6. americandream

americandream Top Dog

LOL! yes..... im wrong. el mexicano's dog is 30lbs. i guess my pup is 5 lbs then.and britneys 40lbs.

dogs reproduce at a faster rate then humans. and they inbreed to stregthen a cirtain trait most likely size, color, head size.

you are saying there is the ocational big dog..... maybe thats why bad breeders love it big dogs so much......

same with game, very rare, but you want one!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2005
  7. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Thing is, you can't really inbreed for size, since theoretically the dogs would continue to be smaller.

8. Lailas_DAD

Lailas_DAD Big Dog

Okay , why is still going on....I mean geesh, the same can be said about color, Americandream, you know that if you have 1 black dog and 1 red dog, there is a chance it can throw a white pup. Now most of the pups will be black depending one dominate(sp) gene. So there are possiblities that a large pup could be thrown out of a smaller dam, but it would depend on the genetic background of the Sire....so like If have a child with bowlegged legs and I dont have them and niether do the mother, so were down my genetic background, there is a member in my family with bowlegged legs then...ha there you have...Ok i will shut up...because I jumped on the tail end of this convo, nor do I hold a doctors degree...so I'll play with my dog...who is 4mo and 34 pounds...I guess she is gonna be a big one..

9. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

thing is, you're implying that your pup is smaller than his dog...but it's not. You have HUGE pups. a 6 month old that's 40lbs? That's big. He will probably grow up to be about 70lbs+...his dog looks small, and your Britney dog looks real big too...I guess since you see them everyday you look at them as average size...? Stop comparing your pup to his dog...there are PLENTY of 35lb dogs that look HUGE in pics...PLENTY...hundreds...lol...

10. americandream

americandream Top Dog

there are a lot of dogs that through big pups...... once those idiots find out which does, they breed the heck out of it. dont believe me? go to the gotti line msn message board and read everything.

hes lieing and im gunna prove it i have a msg from him like a month or 2 ago.......brb

11. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

You cant inbreed for size, but you can selectively breed for it.
    I dont mean bred the dog to its own offspring.... you can find dogs in many lines that display a certain characteristic and the dogs are of no relation. Like a large mayday son to a large alligator daughter, or vice versa. THe blood isnt the same but the larger size of the grandsires on both sides increases the likelihood to have some large offspring in the litter.

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Americandream, you may not post private messages on the open forum. It is against the site rules. Private messages were created to be "private" messages!

13. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Congratulations on overfeeding your dogs. I'm sure that their health problems improve your yard.

14. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I want to ask you something...
    Do you think it is possible to create 50 lb shitzus through selective breeding? I don't know about you, but I sure as hell would not spend the rest of my life selectively breeding shitzus for my desired look (and more than likely would not be achieved in my lifetime). Instead, I would mix in another breed and make an assload of money off of them. I obviously don't give a damn about shitzus and their standard. Why the hell wouldn't I take a short cut?

15. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

*AND THIS IS WHY YOU READ AND ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE YOU POST*
    We are talking about humans and thier size increasing over time.
    its because of the additives, presevative and the way we eat.

When I said we i meant humans not me.

16. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Oh, my fault.

17. B

B CH Dog

Let's keep this about dogs. The posts are starting to wander around a bit. This is just a friendly reminder to keep this on topic.

Anyone who is encouraging huge dogs has obviously not handled a gamedog. A 30 lb gamedog can exhaust a large physically in shape man if it decides it wants to do something. I've been almost to my knees before seperating a couple of tiny little gamedogs that got into a yard accident. There is a reason gamedogs aren't over most weights. They become near impossible to handle. The people breeding these dogs are not keeping to standard and they are not keeping gamedogs. Once again this is a gamedog board so let's try to keep that in mind in our discussions.

Regards,

B

18. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

no kidding good friend of mine has one of thsoe freaks hes fat at about 80+lbs and if hes worked he gets up in weight as the muscle stacks on. ill tell you what when he wants to stop you better be ready to pull or if he wants to go you better be ready to hold on. i couldnt see trying to PULL two of these monsters off of each other or anything else for that matter. 30lbs 40lbs is sooo much easier i can man handle the little female no matter what she wants but that big ole beast is a pain in my royal ass when he wants to be. thank goodness hes well trained lol or he would be to much to handle.

19. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Funny you say that. I can attest to the difficulty of keeping a fit dog from something it really wants. take a look at this picture... notice the chain on the picnic table-
    [​IMG]
    We were at the park and I took Diesel and Cali with me... We were BBquing and laughin and joking and I hooked D to the table and walked over to my friends dog and was looking him over when I hear a distant "hey... look at your dog." I turned and look and Diesel is dragging the pincic table he is a good 20-30 feet from where he was and making good time. His tail was wagging, he was bearing down! im mean he got low to the ground and was really putting his back into it. He saw a biker and his dog ride by and was intent on going to say "hello."
    I was too shocked to be pround of him I called him and he stopped looked back at me and then started whinning looking in the direction that the biker went. The people that were there were completly lost. It was crazy. People dont understand just how strong these dogs are.

and pushing that table back to where it was was HARD... that damn thing was heavy as hell, LOL.

20. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

this ones a big red and we tied him off the the balcony at a friends condo the other day well as a joke when they opened the door my buddy calls him inside. damn near took the whole balcony down we had to yell at thim to stop and screw the railing back in lmao.