1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kong chew toys

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Xena, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Xena

Xena Pup

What do you fill your Kong chew toys with? I've used peanut butter, dog cookies and some raw meat but want a few other ideas.

2. i used the same things as you but some times i put a lil bannana or strawberries in my dogs kongs, they like it and i give it to em'

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I never fill them at all.The dogs love them.of coarse their teething right now.

4. and to all those who has these toys, how do ya'll clean em'. i put mine in the dishwasher then steam them after the are washed, to really get em' clean

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

i do it like me daughters bottles. Let the water come to a boil and let them stay about five minutes longer.

6. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

I don't put anything in them. They never last long enough for me to worry about cleaning them.

7. Xena

Xena Pup

:D:cool: :)

8. princess_koka

princess_koka Big Dog

We leave them the way they are. They love the Kong toys.

9. hey texas these kongs chew toys are something else my female has had one for like a year or so now and only put baby dents in it. and she has a pretty nice bite to her. you should get one and try it out

10. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

the kongs may be good for some, but There are some dogs that can make quick work of them. I have one that will tear one up in about 10 minutes.

11. CRG

CRG Top Dog

a kong toy does not last with either of my dogs. i bought these nylabone turkey legs. i don't know what they are made of but they are lasting way longer then the kong toys.

12. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Yea I use nylabones to. They are recommended by many pitbull owners and last longer then anything I've found on the market.

13. Classic

Classic Big Dog

I have a friend who lost a very nice bitch to eating an extra tough kong toy.
    They are best given under supervision.

14. dora

dora Big Dog

what are these toys and where do you get them....codie likes the plush squeeky toys