1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kennel Trash

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Verderben, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I agree, it doesnt get much better, but we need to keep this off-topic chatter, in the chat room ;) I'll be around for a little while, come on in if you wish :)

2. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

once again pits are the "monsters":confused:

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Well if your not still there by the time I get this java crap down loaded I am at 13% and two hours and some minute it says away from being done. It better be worth it because that is allot of space to be used on my laptop. I should have just went on my big computer in my bed room. I don't go in there as often though. the guns start calling my name.

4. well rock if you were meaning myself in the reply,i wasnt casting a stone at the man.i am not a fan of people not feeding the dogs but i wasnt ready to go off on him.in all honestey i really didnt know wich would have been a better place for them,like i said they were both pretty much the same as far as care goes,the only diffrence was at his place they at least had fresh air.but to be honest i read it again and i still can not decide wich place they would have been better off at,and as most all of you know i am not a fan of ''humane'' societeys or the people who work for or support them.but i really cant say what place they would have been better off at.

5. Attila

Attila Guest

Probably neither whas Ideal. I am a firm believer if a dog is sick with no chance of recovery put it down. Never have a sick and dying dog on your yard. It indangers the rest of your dogs and your own butt as you can see in this case and in others. You must keep them off your yard. I don't care how you do it so long as it is fast. I had a sheep come up lame today and I put it down and buried it. No pissing around get it done and done right. If you can't handle doing the deed then take it to a vet. But I suggest you not breed if you can't handle doing the job yourself. There are just times you have to do it. He had over 140 dogs. if five were sick that isn't much. If a major portion of his yard was ill I would call that something. If I have one sick you can bet it is off in the side kennel during treatment. And it will have been seen by a vet to determine the root of the problem. If it is deadly I put the dog down. I don't believe in suffering an animal. Not even when I am attached to them. And I am attached to every last one of them even my rabbit.

6. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

I agree Atilla. If one must own a LOT of dogs, one is just as responsible for their care as if one owns one dog. Dogs are animals, if they are sick with no chance of recovery, then it is kinder to kill them. If one cannot afford the vet, it is kinder to kill them. Sad but reality. Keeping them around for a month on short rations is NOT humane. Not providing them with vet care is NOT humane. The inhumane society is NOT humane. Someone has to pay for dogs' care...who is it going to be? In our country we don't even care for our children. There are lots going ill-clad, hungry and homeless. Not germane to the dog discussion but that is how it is here and now.

7. oh absolutely attila,it has been done many times on my yard.espically like you said if it is going to die or it is contagious and fatal.i am also glad to hear you have some kennels set aside for treatment,you would be surprised how many times i have heard folsk bring the dogs into the house to get better,i always look at it as i have then infected my house if i ever decide to bring one in for a while.i swear the more posts i read of yours the more it confirms to me that you have a good head on your shoulders,espically when it comes to these dogs.

8. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I think you should write a book... would you do that? You have a knack, I love your posts ( I'm certainly not the only one ), even if I counteract them with my own! Maybe in a few years, when you get some more time and experience under your belt. I'de like to read it... I'm 100% serious by the way.

The sick and dying animals and the fact that one man was not properly taking care of over 100 dogs makes me think that he is no better than a puppy mill and should be reprimanded. I don't agree with all of it. Since all the dogs became property of the shelter, they obviously could not take proper care of them either. The shelter sounded like crap and the owner was no better. Poor dogs. It's hard enough finding good homes for well bred animals, let alone over a hundred, second hand ones.

Most of you believe in culling litters to better the breed and most of you don't hesitate to vent how you would like to hang the owners of sick, suffering animals, so I don't see why all the righteousness if it's actually done. I'm not siding, I'm neutral, I wasen't there, sounds like the guy wasen't taking care of his dogs, sounds like the shelter wasen't taking care of them, sounds like a wad of crap and it started with someone breeding beyond their capabilities and not being a good dog owner. If this man came on to this forum and shared his yard on here, you would of all probably ate his a$$ alive. It's the irresponsible owner making this breed look bad, this particular shelter made itself look bad too. Sure people get in over their head and $hit happens, but he should have taken care of his business.

9. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

poor dogs. they should have spared at least a couple pups. Thats f&@#ed up what he did to them :'(

10. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

some people are real f&#$ed up

11. The guns start calling my name........Dont know why but I like that....sounds honest and real^^ (Ps. Dont drink to much and shoot your own knees....not again) rofl