1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kennel and Dog House set up

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BoogiemanBlood, Dec 26, 2010.

1. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

igloo houses are shit. all it is a big plastic toy for the dog to chew and the door is so large it lets everything in. the best dog house is the one shown. the only one that can be compared to it is the k9 kondo and that falls second to this one. with the k9 kondo the lip on it is so small. if you put bedding in it it falls out with the dog leaving and entering the house constantly. the lip on these home made ones as shown are the best. the lip on these ones are large enough to stop bedding from falling out the house compared to the kondo or a igloo house. wood is also the best insulator let alone you also add insulation into the doubled wall sections. for the best bang for the buck build your own like this one and make sure to stain the wood to make it last. stain or wood paint make sure the paint is for exterior wood though and not inside wall paint.

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

I made mine were the insulation stays in. Over the summer with 100 plus temps some of the dogs stayed in thier house almost as much as they layed on top. They were in the shade so the sun wasnt on them but they must have stayed fairly cool inside. My dogs like to lay on top of thier houses so the dogloos would be rough on them. lol To each thier own, what ever works for you.

3. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

carport.jpg Right now I am leaning toward the wood house, but maybe under a carport like this. That would provide rain and sun protection. It would also add an expense of around $800.00. I was thinking an enclosed dog run with one end under the car port.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

if your only going to have one i think you could come out cheaper than 800 if you build it yourself..and plus u dont have watsed space on the other end..unless you make another run for the other half..but hell its your money man lol.

5. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

From this plan-Do you think it's big enough for a 65 lb dog?

6. That would vary depending on personal opinion. I think it's ok for a dog that size, others may think it's too small. Mine spend all their awake time laying on top of it so when they sleep they are all curled up and there's plenty of room. I think a smaller area keeps the dog warmer in the winter too. Just my opinion.

7. apbtmet

apbtmet Pup

does anyone have the prints for the double walled one shown?

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

[​IMG]

If you need a bigger house then just adjust your dimensions.

9. AGK

It looks cut off to me on half the right side of the diagram. I'm on a phone so everything looks different. Let me know and ill repost it.

10. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

It's all there. Thanks for posting

11. any body have any pics for a chain spot

12. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

What u use for bedding in the houses boogie?

13. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I have oat hay in there now but it doesn't seem very warm.

14. AGK

Hay is food for livestock, Straw is bedding.
    Straw is what you want.

15. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Agreed! ....

16. I use nothing but straw for bedding.

17. AGK

I'll use shavings in the warmer months but straw 100% the fall and winter months.

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I use straw myself...its hard to find good straw if you can get it fresh it last longer..Old straw dont last long ,maybe 2 days if u lucky.

19. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I do use straw just didn't word it properly thought there might be something better out there.

20. CR!SIS

CR!SIS Banned

in the wet/winter season ill line the bottom 4 or 5 inches of the doghouse in cedar, then pack the house full of straw.........