1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ken-Tenn Bully BBQ

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by J M A N, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

[​IMG]

LOOKING FOR A GOOD TURN OUT!

2. CB

CB CH Dog

All yall going to stand around with your 100+ pound "pit bulls" and see which one has the biggest head?????

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Hmmm. What's on the menu at this BBQ? Curburgers? Curdogs? Mmm, mmm good. I'll be there.

4. PIT_DOMINATION

PIT_DOMINATION Big Dog

ive always thought those bully looked like a hot dog with a head.

5. PIT_DOMINATION

PIT_DOMINATION Big Dog

all yeah that best part. "game bred blues" you got to love that.

6. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah i think that was my favorite part to.

7. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

i wont come on here and bash peeps i don't know......in fact i have something positive to say about the idea. While they are not everybodies idea (and mine) of what a A.P.B.T is, you can't deny that these people are getting together and creating a movement and support base. If more gamedog people would do the same besides attending the A.D.B.A, A.A.D.R,etc. shows maybe things would be different, at least for those people. on top of that, i didn't see one club sponsoring this gathering. so to me, that says it was put together by some peeps who felt it was a good idea and made it happen. if they can do it so can everyone with a gamedog.....JUST WITH ALOT MORE CAUTION.LOL.

Norvell57 likes this.
  8. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Let me put it this way, the people peddlin' these mutts might have good intentions deep down but no one can argue the harm they are doing to the breed.

9. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

im going to go...i have been seen a hippo in person....bring my crazy ass mutt(see what dog is more mutty) lmao
    but seriously, we dont have to attack him like that, its funny, but seriously. They just arent bulldogs.

10. simms

simms CH Dog

I have to agree, they are doing somthin....However, should use a lil more caution with their req guidlines....that's just my oppinion.

If you own a APBT there is No good excuse not to support your local clubs....PPL like to yammer this and yammer that, truth be known these are the folks that do rep your state and need your support.....stronger in numbers.

Edit: If they think their dog is aggresive they should leave it at home!!!!

Muzzle??? that makes me think human agression not dog.

Have fun but be safe stress responsible ownership....you want to tote the name, you need to tighten up your guidlines as what is acceptable public perception and what is not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  11. Attila

Attila Guest

I have to agree with that whole post. Well said. I may try to stop in if I am in country. However I may be in India or there abouts at that time. No telling with me. I am always game for some grilled food. I can eat that is for sure.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
  12. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

As it says on the flyer - open to all bloodlines - you are always welcome to come show us how it's done! This is why we have judges & peoples choice winners. We are not sanctioned and don't want to be. This is to get together and support and meet each other. No harm....no foul.

Norvell57 likes this.
  13. Attila

Attila Guest

I will try to stop in for a while if I am around at the time. Ya'll are not too far away from me. Give me a reason to stop at the Cumberland River and do some fishing in my old hide aways. See a few old friends too. It will be cooler then and I am more apt to travel when it isn't so dang hot out.

14. CB

CB CH Dog

How would it be fair if the judge owns nothing but gotti blue's and i bring my 35 pound bitch around some 100+ pound dogs. I think its good that yall are gathering people up for a show to yalls likeing's.

15. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

alright, i already knew that peeps were going to bring out a this or that comment instead of saying yeah that's true. for the most part those were somewhat valid posts. it is not my idea of an A.P.B.T, therefore i don't really agree with their breeding ethics either.

to me, no matter how much you post about what they're doing, or what they should be doing, it aint gonna change. me, i concentrate on what i got on my yard and keep my focus there. i leave be, because they're gonna do it, and will be on here tommorow saying it loud.lol. so why beat a dead dog.

16. i definitely support dogs of all types getting together with their owners :) but honestly....if you're calling it a "bully" gettogether and have a bunch of over sized blues on the flyer....what the public to think? people's choice??? at a gathering of 'bullies'.....the peoples choice will always be the one with the biggest head and highest scale slip. not puttin it down...just sayin that's how it is....and if i brought one of mine there....people would be murmuring about

"look how skinny she is"
    "look how small she is"
    "look how long those legs are...looks like a greyhound"
    "look how small her head is".......

and so on. i've been to "bully bashes" before, ive been to game-bred dog gatherings. im a fan of a gathering of EVERY TYPE of pitbull...where people can come together and contrast in a positive and educational light...one where even the guy with a 85 lb blue and look at the 45 lbs game dog and say...now, THAT, is a pit bull. good luck with your gathering. i personally wouldn't allow muzzles at my gathering. it sends the wrong message. if its that serious....leave it at home or cull it. but that's just my 2 cents.

17. Attila

Attila Guest

None of my dogs are over standard size. Most are midrange on the scale. I personally believe any thing over or under standard is something to be culled. But it is my oppinion and I don't force it on others. I have seen some Blue's that were of standard. I have also seen the very large ones of all colours that looked the size of bull mastiffs. But I don't condemn them. I don't own such and sure wouldn't breed to get it. but to each his or her own.

18. i dont condem it either...in fact i have alot of friends with the very dogs we're talking about...and they're great pets...i love em. i actually own two males with "blue" dogs in their peds. they're strictly pets and i love em to death....but you better believe they get alot of exercise and are put thru alot of the same PT that my game dogs of past and present are. they earn their food thru hard work, and love. no fat dogs in this household! and i'm definitely not against people puttin together a show where outsiders can come and get a positive glimpse of the pitbull world, even if all they see are the over-done or out-of-standard ones.

here's the 'blue-bred' male...in his 'heavier' days .

Attached Files:

19. diva

diva CH Dog

I like him, Iverson. :)

"If you own a APBT there is No good excuse not to support your local clubs....PPL like to yammer this and yammer that, truth be known these are the folks that do rep your state and need your support.....stronger in numbers."

I agree. I hope all that attend have a good time!

20. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I think it's very nice for once to see people of the game-bred fancier side being nice to those who prefer the "bully pits". All differences aside, we are all in this together! Constant bickering will never change public perception. I feel all warm and fuzzy now, lol :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.