1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Keeps????

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Missi_6985, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Well thanks anyway!

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

As far as the food reduction thing goes, I have never attempted a "keep" and it sounds like a heck of a lot of work. I know that when I go through my gym phases (usually that is in my having quite smoking phase) I use a lot of weights almost every day and I eat like a pig, seriously, like a pig and I couldn't grasp how I could eat so much and lose weight, because I was losing pretty quick. It's because your metabolism is spiking not only are you increasing blood flow, but just having more muscle mass burns calories. I am by no means a "cut" chic, but when I am in a gym phase, like I said I can eat what I want, when I want a lose more weight than if I'm dieting.

Sorry, I never tried a keep, so this is my only life experience!

3. zer0

zer0 Pup

I generally cut back the work in the last week or so inwhich I will cut food back accordingly.Mostly the filler though. It really depends on your dog's needs though. And it's not all about the work, its also about the proper rest and recovery (which can be calculated in, but really needs to be monitored. Human is absolutely right your dog's best wieght is most important.

Yes it is. I think it's more stressful on me than the dog. They love to work and start to anticipate it, and get excited for it. It's like play time for them I suppose. I on the other hand have to make sure everything is falling into place as planned and if not what I have to do to keep it on track. And when we're 1 week out- the waiting still gets to me.