1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping a Proper Perspective

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jawbones, Jul 21, 2005.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I have not heard of a cow or pig risking its life to save a human's.

No, but my Cow saved my Pigs life. He warned him that I was coming with my Ax and the pig hid behind him. I got em though...Killed the Cow for it too.

2. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

Oh Man!!!! I'm LMAO!!!!

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Giggle giggle giggle.

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Not you....I've adjusted the post to make it more definate...

5. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Love your humor Mister....LOL

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

actually, i saw on amazing animals or some show like that, a pig that did save its owner's life ..2 thiefs were hiding in her garage, then jumped her when she got home..the pig ran in and started attacking them....no lie

so there ya go...

7. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

I saw that too!! LOL it was kinda funny though...lol

8. Rocksteady, sorry if I sounded as if I was judging you or anyone else in this forum. That is not the case. I would be the last person to start judging others. I understand that life is different in each state. In fact, it is like a different country. I appreciate your last post regarding the pups you rescue. I realize you would not just "trade" dogs, rather, seek a better suited home for it. Gotcha. Please understand my devotion to our breed. I have gone to the extreme of stepping between my dog and a cop's gun. I was ready to be shot before allowing the cop to shoot it (just b/c it was an APBT). I am kind of envious of you and Misterdogman.....Just to name two....from the sound of it....You both live your life as you please....I....I live in what I call modern day slavery. My time is not mine it is my job's. I wish I could dedicate most of my day to training and working my dogs. Maybe someday it will change. Rocksteady are you a He or a She?

9. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Unfortunately GADOG there are many of us that can't afford to take the day off for any reason, we do have to feed and provide proper care for our families and our dogs and working is how we do it. I understand your point, we do need to make our presence seen and heard, but don't be so critical of others because they are unable to be there in person, many of those same people are the ones that email on a daily or weekly basis. So they are, in a way they are able to, helping to fight ths fight.

10. idgie

idgie Big Dog

GADOG it sounds like you are judging a bunch of things you don't understand. You think you are the only one that cares about dogs because you show up to one lousy hearing. Some of the people on here have dedicated their whole lives to these dogs. You have no right to bash people when you have no idea what their circumstances are. If I were to judge you by your posts (as you are judging everyone else) I'd say you are a racist, classist yuppy urbanite pet fanatic with no clue that people can WORK animals and still LOVE them in a more profound way than pet people can even imagine. Working families respect the nature of their dogs instead of turning them into bored couch potatoes with lives completely centered around the needs of the owner. Seems like a much more equal relationship to me.
    If you really want everyone to pull together to fight BSL, like we are trying to do, why don't you question some of your own ideas and try and learn something here?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2005
  11. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

YEh I hear that some of the thousands of dog owners cannot take the time off but I do doubt if it is the case for all but 20 or so. 1 meeting how about all of them including the private ones. Preach what you like you have the right but so do I. When I start seeing a hundred or 500 hundred people on the steps when these meetings happen my mind will be changed. Working dogs, I do not need you to tell me about that, I have hunted with dogs for birds, hogs and bear. But I dont put them together just to see if one would give up. Judgemental, Yes I am but I am not affraid to call it as I see it. Racist, screw you, maybe you should read a littel close. Yuppy, I make ok money and if you want to hold that against me your loss and shows yer ignorance. Im glad I have the money to pay the lawyers to fight what some only talk about. I may not on the nail head with every thing I say but show me who is and I will follow and support them. The ACF is where I will put my money until that time.

12. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

i work for a living..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2005
  13. idgie

idgie Big Dog

my point gadog is not to judge people too quickly online without knowing what they're about. i'm sure you care about your dogs and the breed as much as i do. but one or two posts dont represent the true picture of a person, and you coming here and jumping on people doesn't do the breed any good at all. for all your good intentions toward the breed, you are coming off as a prick. i had to set my reputation filter at -300 to even read your posts. that should tell you something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2005
  14. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

Okay now! This thread has gotten way off topic. And by the way, what in the world is a reputation filter? lol

15. idgie

idgie Big Dog

under "edit options" you can set your reputation filter so that you don't have to read posts by certain peeps :)