1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping a Proper Perspective

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jawbones, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“Dogs are not cattle, pigs, or horses. I do not agree with trading just b/c you saw something 'better'.”
    What is the difference between the animals, all of them are classified as “livestock”?

“You haven't heard of dogs believed to b curs, sent to another dogman and becoming Champions?”
    Name the dogs…not what you “heard”.

“A dog fighting to make a human money is straight bullshit.”
    You saying if no money is exchanged, it’s ok?

“Sick bastard is the only title for a dog fighter, a man or bitch to scared to fight for themselves or they would be in the pit with another of their oun kind going for the gold or green.”
    If we go with you thinking on “dog fighters”, would you also believe those involved in horse racing do so because of the lack of ability to run fast? What about hunter's…would that mean they are too weak and stupid to fend for themselves, thus need a dog to assist them in living?
    If a “dog fighter” is nothing more than a “sick bastard”, what does that make those keeping this breed? Being how sick bastards created it, would we all not be mentally sicker for caring for, loving something created by sick bastards?

2. The below is the only one relating to me right? Yes, they are all livestock but a dog should not be treated the same way. That's all.

3. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

B Gon, that is great man and I glad you are in the combatives game, I was fussing about those who advocate dog fighting. But glad to hear your competeing, if it was closer trust me I would come. If you land a fight in the atlanta area be sure to post or pm me. I still feel that anyone or at least most who would fight their dog fo sport is yellow. Rocksteady, do you really believ what you hust typed. If some dont do it then they just like to reference it to sound cool or smart, or what I say is stupid. Does not help the BSL fight out in anyway shape or form.

4. coyrobert

coyrobert Big Dog

i could not get rid of one of my dogs, even if all it did was lay around and eat, the dog is a part of my home, and i wouldnt trust no one else with my dog

5. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

i would give someone a dog but it would be a good friend or a family member ya knwo someone that i can trust i am a weakling i get attached to em quick thats me though

6. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

Jawbones said that she had working dogs. If the dog doesnt proform like it should than what would be the purpose of keeping it around.

7. lets all just get along

8. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

Get along, hell I would like to see all owners stand together and fight this BSL BS. I know it will never happen but we helped the USSR in WW2 to beat a more vile enemy but we cannot pull together to save what we say we love. As I have stated earlier here in GA only around 20 mpeeps care enough to put a body in front of the legislators and what does that say. These rich rappers haver never shown up. Only a few breeders and show folks show. What is the deal with people? They will cry if they have to give up their dog but will not stand for the right to keep it. Another thing I have noticed is only 1 or 2 black men come in to reperesent. What is wrong with people, is it that hard to get in a car and drive at least one time to fight for your rights. From what I have seen the answer is yes. I can drive to a ballgame, or to go hunting or a dog show but to fight for my right to keep my dogs, na that to much trouble. If you do nothing you generally get nothing. I am confused.

9. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

This is the purpose of my post, to see the distinction. To hear the differences of opinions. I do love the hunt, but at the same time I have two very wonderful dogs that go with me almost everywhere I go and sleep next to my bed every night on their own bed. For your info. Rocky I just returned from the vet because we rescued 4 puppies last night that has Coccidiosis. Do I sell these puppies? NOPE! Who pays for all these rescues on my yard. ME!!!! Why? Because I love dogs. But out of the 15 I own, if one doesn't perform like I want it to and my cousin or brother thinks they can work the bad habit out of the dog, I'll trade it or give it away. Don't judge people too harshly over one post. I am disabled and have nothing better to do than spoil these dogs, but at the same time, in my mind, they are nothing more or nothing less than dogs. They are just dogs. :) If you seen my yard you would appreciate what we do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2005
  10. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

No currs here! :)

11. Marty

Marty Guest

Well for your info some people have to work for a living!

12. fyremyst

fyremyst Big Dog

Granted I dont have the luxury of jumping in the car and driving across the country to fight the good fight but, when the fight is somewhere close enough, bet your arse I'll be there and I dare someone try and tell me what to do with my babies!

13. 440rider

440rider Guest

I dont think this is a race issue for one! Secondly, just because you are being seen doesnt mean others are not BEING HEARD!

14. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

Hey Marty take a day off once a year, I have a J O B too. Who said race was an issue, not me. But it needs to be a larger reresentation of those who own and breed. And if you like it or not there are some who blame the problem on the black community. I am talking about local and state level officials. No it is not a race issue, it is an owner issue. Get mad if ya like but on most things not all but most things I am right. Letters and e-mails are good but shaking the hands and letting them know your face goes alot further. Hard to have a one on one with a politician over the net. It is easier to be ignored when the person you are writing does not open their own mail.

15. Rasp

Rasp Pup

One thing would be, we have taken Pit Bulls/dogs from their natural pack environment and now they thrive off human attention, not to mention their level of loyalty to us is higher. Some animals might form a simple bond with their owner. I have not heard of a cow or pig risking its life to save a human's. That alone puts them on a higher level. I always felt I owed my dogs some of that loyalty in return.

16. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

OMG he's a politician......LOL
    Sounds like one anyways.
    GADog Get off yer podium....people might react a little better:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2005
  17. Rasp

Rasp Pup

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Who are you talking about? If it's me, what is your point?

18. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

Dont call out all owners and say that they dont care about thier dogs. I love all my dogs to death and if BSL passes in SC i can lose all 4 of mine. If i could have made it to Georgia i would have, and i would have taken my big scary pit with me. But unfortunately people have lives that go on day to day. I have a job that i have to go to everyday to keep my house and my dogs fed. If i could have been there i would have, believe me. But until BSL comes to SC i will have to fight it on the sidelines because i cant afford to drive to other states to fight it there.

Its not that i dont care about my dogs, because i do, but my boss isnt going to give me the day off to drive out of state and if i do i dont get paid.

You compare the fight against BSL to WW2. The only problem with that is that we were an entire nation fighting against the bad guys. Thats why everyone was so rallied together. In the fight against BSL its us "pit type" dog owners fighting against the rest of the nation.

19. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

What makes you think that the politicians are going to care how many people are standing outside the building or how many hands they shake. Most of these people already have thier minds made up on how they are going to vote. You are kidding yourself if you actually believe that they care about what the people in the state want. Its what they want not us.

20. no curs here