1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just wondering what was the longest walk...

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by bullydogs, Jan 17, 2008.

1. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Just wondering what was the longest walk... you took the dog on...during a conditioning keep? Or if you never conditioned for a show, what is longest daily walk you ever have taken?

I ll start it off, my max walking time during a keep was close to 5hrs, at least twice a week towards the end of a keep.

2. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Four hours...It wasn't a planned four hours. It was a new to the area in the mountains exploring, and got a little off path, and had to find my way back kind of thing. lol...But it was a great hike, because I got to learn my way around the mountain, the dogs got plenty of exercise and we all were dead tired when we got home.

3. dogman2007

dogman2007 Big Dog

four hours 2wards the end of the keep.longest walk 11 hours got lost and couldnt find my way.legs and feet were killing.

4. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

5 hrs on peaking days of the keep!

5. WWII

WWII Banned

Probably 2 hrs. I gotta life to live.

6. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

5 hours? Holy crap. I think the longest one my boys and I have been on would be about 1:45 minutes or so. I remember doing that last summer when I was REALLY bored. It was just for fun, the boys weren't in a keep of any sort.

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

defore i moved to the south, we would take 3 1 hour+ walks a day, everyday but sunday. sunday we cut the times in half. rain, snow, or shine-we did this.
    the old timer went from a FAT 90# down to a rock solid 58# (at 10 years old mind you) unfortunatley we cannot walk here, because there is no leash law where i live (im outside city limits) so none of the dogs around here are restrained in any way shape or form, except mine ( and they arent the friendliest to a strange dog met on the road/trail) we have a serious problem with loose/strays dogs.

but longest walk would have been climbing mt.chocura in nh, that was about 8.5 hours up and down

8. Mary_Jane

Mary_Jane Big Dog

The longest walk for me and my dog was 7 hours long walk around the capital city of Slovenia - Ljubljana. The path is named Path of Memories and Companionship, it runs where occupants put up barbed wire around our city in the time of the second world war. It's 20 miles long, i almost died of muscle soreness after it (lol), but Brina took it like a champ (with no bigger conditioning before that). We earned a medal in the end, lol :D

[​IMG]

They organise a hike on this path every year and i'm sure i'll go again next year with both of my dogs. It's nice, but a bit crowded (this year 30.000 people attended it). :)