1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just ordered my first APBT

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by penngomifan, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Well i went ahead and got my first pup, he will be shipped to me on the 1st of Aprill, my house closes on the 28th of may so i am very excited, anyways he will be about 6 months, so i guess he is not that much of a puppy after all, the breeding i got him from is here

http://tom-garner-kennels.com/garne...herry_1107.html

i do not know which one he is in the picture, i was simply told he would pick the best looking one of the two the got remaing, he will probaly give me the runt of the litter considering i dont even know the guy lol, either way i am excited, just had to share my excitement with someone,

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I am sure you will get a decent dog. But like you said you dont even know the man but plenty do around here.... with mixed feelings I am sure.... but considering the breeding do you have any idea what to expect with this dog? All feelings aside for the man or bloodline if its coming from Tom and assuming the breeding is from game dogs like the ones mentioned you will definitely have your hands full with a real fledged and ready to perform bulldog. Good luck.

3. NoRemorse

NoRemorse Pup

nice! those look like awesome dogs, and the pedigree is excellent. How much is that gonna run you with shipping?

4. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

Very Nice !!

I have a Double Bred Dynomite Gyp, and she is the sweetest thing in the world, but she doesn't play well with other dogs. I think you will be very happy.

SDK

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Very nice. I'd love to get a dog from TG. I have heard some good things about Ch. Dynomite as well...Good luck with your pup, and you better post some pictures when you get it!! :)

6. youngheeler

youngheeler Big Dog

dam chinaman is evrywhere on that ped nice pups

7. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

thats a well bred pup, Chinaman and Bolio goes great together and my favorite cross

8. Thx guys, i know ill have my hands full but im not completeley new to dogs at all, just the apbt, and i will def post some picture when i receive him......

9. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I have a son of Dynomite and hes a good family dog, you can see pics of him on my gallery and youtube (American Pit Bull Terrier Tete on search)

One advice, read this forum all you can and learn about this breed, they are perfect family dog and sporting dogs but they are NOT for everyone and need special management. Im lucky my dog gets along with my older dog but with other dogs hes aggro.

Those dogs need lots of exercise or they'll destroy anything near them, good socialization since day 1, never let him alone with other dogs and then lots of love and discipline.

Enjoy your pup :)

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

A couple of things.....have you checked your city to see if there are any breed specific laws, and checked your homeowners insurance; be aware your neighbors may give you problems (vicious dog and all that), and that the breed is easily stolen -- can't leave them outside, in a car, etc unattended.

Actually, if you bought from a responsible breeder, this stuff would have all been gone over, so I might be jumping the gun!

If you just closed on the house, will be a lot easier if you are settled there and have everything set up for the dog before you bring him home. Personally, I wouldn't place a dog with someone in the process of moving -- I would need to see the set-up first!

Dreamer

11. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

I see you pay real close attention to detail.... HAHA. hes getting the dog from garner, one of the best breeders of our day, second of all, he is getting the dog on apr.1, and he says the house closes on the 28, which means he will OWN a house by the time he gets his dog. Are you a homeowner? I know im not! Either way, props to the OP for being responsible, going to a good breeder to get one of these dogs for the 1st time. note to the OP: Good luck, he/she will be a handful!

12. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Okay, but he'll be getting settled and getting the place set up for a dog -- if all goes well at closing (I've seen many a deal fall through at closing or get delayed, etc)...I personally would wait til I'm settled in a new house and set up FOR a dog before I would bring one home. As a breeder, I would require it before I would send a dog to someone in such a transition, that CAN turn iffy pretty quickly.

It would be best for the dog, and probably easiest on a new-to-the-breed owner!

Dreamer

13. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

Looks nice, best of luck to ya! :D

14. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Nice ped. I hope he turns out to be everything you want in a dog. Enjoy youre pup. Oh.. & like everybody elts already said. Youre going to have youre hands full. lol.

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Actually, he said that he'll get the bulldog about a month before he closes on the house. And homeowner or not, if the insurance drops him for the dog, and he doesnt find bulldog friendly ins. himself, the bank will rape him!!!
    As far as the neighbors, it is better to get along with them than to cause trouble.

I myself am about to sell my house and move, so I am looking into all of this. It looks like I will be dropping about 6 grand for the dogs. Privacy fence, ect. I would rather my neighbors feel safe, and prevent someone wandering into the chainspots, and because I will be the new kid on the block, having it to where theneighbors dogs cant (at least they will see my effort) get into the dog yard. And this is out in the country, no leash laws. I just feel as a responsible APBT owner, I need to go the extra mile to avoid trouble.

To the OP, congrats, and I hope the dog works out well for you. Like has been said above, they make simply the greatest family dog in the world. And they fourish in a one dog house hold. Once that bond is made...well, you'll never want another breed. Train the dog well, and socialize the you know what out of the dog, and become a honorable breed advocate. Always expect the dog to not like other dogs, and that will help you to avoid allot of trouble. When you become an apbt owner, you give up your right to run over others because you have the "right" to do whatever. Your dog will always pay for your pride. Read your bible, and learn about how Jesus has all the power, yet he was humble enough to care about others above Himself.

Once again, congrats, and I hope you NEVER have any trouble.
    Late

16. masta of game

masta of game Banned

wow , on the pedigree , 8 times ch.chinaman....

man u got your self a special dog lol

just dont tell people outside how hes bred, they will try to steal the pup