1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

just BS'n

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CLKENNELS, May 2, 2009.

1. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I recently purchased a ball python..his name is Rock since for the first couple of days he was hiding under the rock... Any way he's showed no interest in the frozen food so I got him a live mice... Well when I opened his cage he tried to bite me... I almost didn't give him his food. My question is should I cull him, HA is not acceptable...what do you guys think..

2. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Haha h.a. doesnt count with reptiles. Be patient with frozen food. Its more convenient if they will take that.
    Try not to handle the frozen food so it doesnt smell like a human. Also dont handle the snake before you feed it. The first thing snakes do when they are stressed is they stop eating. Some people dont feed their snakes in the cage either because then the snakes thinks every time something comes in the cage it is food. Ball pythons are docile animals so give it time and it will stop biting you.
    Also make sure the snake has a heat source. It needs warmth to digest food otherwise mice will rought away in the stomach and thats if the snake will even eat.

3. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

I hope your kidding. LOL it's a snake. If he is hungry, he is more likely to bite than if he isn't. I didn't handle my snakes for 2-3 days around their feeding time just because they would be a bit more agitated. Give him his food and leave him be, some take quite a while to adjust to new environments.

4. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

haha, now if every one that owned a snake culled them when they were bit there wouldnt be any "pet" snakes....mine goes after me often and on several occations bit himself:rolleyes:...just keep working with him and the more you hadle it the better it "should" get:D