1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just A Dog !!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MoPulldogs, Sep 21, 2006.

1. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

This really hits home for me.....

Musings

by Richard Biby, Contributing Editor

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."

1 person likes this.
  2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Nice. And right in my neighborhood. Who knew Tulsa had such eloquent people? LOL.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

GREAT read! Tho I'm currently, just down to the one, she will ALWAYS be MORE to me than "just a dog". I prefer her company over most people.

I sincerely wish more owners felt this way. Enjoyed this very much!:D

4. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Yes, thanks, a very nice essay...

5. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

That say's it all. I like.

6. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

I agree. Very well said!