1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

judgeing and breeding to a cold dog...??????

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jul 9, 2014.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I seen one that wouldnt scratch at all but when the other came over she made them think twice about comming back. Would not consider that a cold dog or a dog you want to bring to the woods just a bad trait. Same as the one you described.

2. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.yes true..well this bitch,would be like the above pee-wee,,except she would never wag her tail,she would know what was about to happen and basicly scream to get there,,yet never take hold..and would stay there all day..been pulled around..now i would not call her cold ,,strange at times but not cold....

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Cold dogs didn't get the chance to scratch old days. there's levels to that shit lol. man behind the dog biggest factor.

4. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Here we go again with people who are confused about the terminologies LOL

Cold=A dog that is not started, or not fully started. (WON'T fight back/Take hold)

Cur=A dog that is started (WILL fight back and take hold) but WON'T scratch.

Also I want to reiterate what TDK said that sometimes a supposedly cold dog at that time could just be a really late starter. (hence why some dog men would put them back on the chain and sit on them a little longer hoping that dog might start up later in life.)

But regardless of the labels and terminologies we place on them ANY traits that you deem UNDESIRABLE in your breeding program should be culled accordingly.

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

in the first place ..they like the bitch ....so keep her .
    then a suprise because she stil starts ..wow what a suprise ...

i say specialy bitch ..because i hope we talking bitches here and not male's
    breeding a cold male what a disaster lol

6. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Please read the story again and this time dont only focus on the lines you used but the rest as wel. you wil see and understand a diferend ecsplenation from g Hammonds.

7. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Like i Said many people never ever saw a Cold dog. cold dogs are as rare as GRCH,s. A cold dog stands and takes the punishmend and is not singing he is not holloring curls up tail between his legs nor thus he ore she snaps like a Unstarted dog ore a RANK cur .
    The definition of a RANK cur is a dog that quits from the getgo!!. VERY ofthen confused with a COLD dog. to many RANK CURS are bred bij people who belive they are COLD dogs............

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i think we better leave gary out of here .
    he bought quiters and bred with them.
    he made 2 shows and lost them

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Let me get this straight Limey , so your definition of a rank cur is a unstarted dog that wont fight back or take hold?

For a rank cur to quit it has to start up first, it cant quit if it didnt start up and fight back or take hold.

For example if you try to start up a young one at 6 months old and he sings ,hollars , curls tails between legs or snaps etc is he considered a rank cur to you???...No that just means he aint started yet. What about a dog at a year old or 2 years old or 3 years old or 4 years old or 5 years old etc that DONT start up? Some dogs take longer to mature then others and some dogs NEVER mature at all due to some type of mental problems and same goes with a cold dog that has a type of mental problem just with different symptoms/signs. In both cases they are MAJOR DEFECTS/FLAWS.

Unstarted dogs are not rank curs, they are just not started but they fall into the catagory of COLD because the main common denominator that both of them have is that they are BOTH NOT STARTED.

Now can we get more specific and add another category or terminology for dogs that are not started up as opposed to labeling them cold because of the different signs they display? Sure but why bother when both of those are undesirable traits that fall into the same category of a dog that WON'T START UP. Both a unstarted dog and a cold dog have the UNKNOWN factor because you just CANNOT know if the dog is game or a cur itself because it cant be proven hence why they both fall into the same category of a COLD dog.

Again like tends to breed like, so a cold dog will produce more cold dogs. Now if all cold dogs are good producers one would not need to test anything and just breed cold dogs to cold dogs to get good dogs but it just doesnt work that way LOL You see when a cold dog usually produces good its because the littermates in that breeding and the parents/lineage before them were already good proven dogs hence why that cold dog can produce, it will be hard pressed to find a cold dog that can produce good when all her littermates and her parents and grandparents etc. before her was all rank curs LOL.

This is the reason I like to keep it simple and not get all technical and over analyze this shit cause I hate trying to explain it to yawl and if yall aint get it by now Im done LOL.

10. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

But hey a cold dog is 2x gamer than a deadgame dog! Gtfoh

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LMAO...get the terminology right Cajun its Double Dead game LMAOROTF.

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol ok double dead game, my bad!!

13. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

No you I...t a rank cur never starts he quits from the get go and tries to get as mutch distanse between his uponend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. a ""normal"" cur starts then quit.................

14. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Tipicul behavier from people who simpley dont know wat the hell they are on about..................

15. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

PS the definition of RANK is 5. Absolute; complete: a rank amateur; a rank stranger.
    a Cur has at least SOME gamennes but quits in the end .A Rank cur has NO gamennes and quits from the first second..

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

That's a little harsh and over critical, Limey..............especially when they're both right. LOL

17. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

TDK its anoing at times when your fooling around and try to educate stubern self proclaimed ego experts.........

18. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Limey, both have opinions and both have experience. Their opinions may differ from yours but that doesn't mean that opposing opinions make anyone an idiot.

19. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

TDK you ARe a id..t in my book when you cant keep a topic on cours and try to redicule people to stear away from your own lack of ..

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I would agree, but I haven't seen anyone do that.