1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

joe montana

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by gunman, Jul 20, 2010.

1. gunman

gunman Pup

iv pm you my number

2. united

united Banned

This dog was bred by NKK, he was by Ch Joe Montana bred to a bitch by Swamper and Suicide

The dog in this picture was Champion Joe Jr.

Can you post his record? I was told he won 2 then lost one. If a genuine Ch then Montana would be entitled to be called ROM.

3. united

united Banned

It's not really worth bringing the blood back since most of the blood is now scatterbred and not doing to good. And is it worth bringing back something who's pedigree is now based on paper? Thats not how they earned their reputation.
    The best today is probably Tidy's offspring and even his offspring has a high percentage of other blood. You also have to consider that some dog's today down from Montana have made up pedigree's.
    There is a decent gyp from Oz bred down from some of Montana's littermates about that's just been bred.

4. united

united Banned

I don't know and never subscribed to the SDJ, just repeated what I was told. If you could post his record I'd appriciate it.

5. united

united Banned

Cheer's look forward to it. Lad wasn't confused about the dog just didn't know if he won 3 or lost. You weren't about to ask at the time.

I know how Indi's bred and I've spoke to RBK and he never said Indi was ever shown, not to me anyway's.

6. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

not all of it is scatterbred .the bitch i am on about is the tightest bitch left without a doubt .a lot of people said her breeding was not right but rustler checked it out with dr death and he said the breeding was right .he did not have anything to gain by saying this ..alot of other people checked it out and they also said she was the last daughter out of joe put to a daughter of his... people have said the breeding is fake but i think alot of the time it just boils down to jelousy :D... tidy is bred the same but this bitches mother and his mother were sisters.

7. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

i also had joe down as a rom but people said he wasn't ...you have just cleared it up ..thanks

8. T.A.K

T.A.K Pup

i thought he lost to red knls badger first time out then went on to win 2 is this info wrong i wasn't about back then so all info i have is 2nd hand

ok just to clarify are you's talking about nkk joe montana or joe jr??? which are u saying was a ch?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  9. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

ch joe jr
    2xw 1xl joe montana

10. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

2xw-1xlg..........

11. united

united Banned

I doubt it, one person I know was in the presance of both Dr D & Oddbod and others. When Dr D said Montana was only put to one daughter (Myrtle) and Tidy is the last of the double bred Montana son's. I understand the bitch's breeder has said the same thing before now. And no one ever corrected DR D (or the breeder) at the time as he had nothing to gain.

Either way it don't matter much as your calling the bitch well bred based on Montana's and now Tidy's reputation's. The fact is she is untried, as is her dam. Her grand dam Bash stopped and her dam Bushea was cold. That's four consecutive generation's, So is that well bred? I don't think so. Why would anyone be jealous of an unproven bitch?

The reason why the Montana dog's are not doing it today, is that people such as yourself brag on Montana being in the pedigree, but don't check the dog itself to see if it's worthy of being bred. Before calling any dog well bred a good breeder should at his dog. You can't maintain quality in any line if your relying on what's written on a peice of paper.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
  12. BRADLY

BRADLY Pup

. You can't maintain quality in any line if your relying on what's written on a peice of paper.[/QUOTE]
    HERE HERE THATS TRUE

13. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

united how would dr d know what montana was mated to when he didn't own him in later years ? i spoke with rustler myself i did not hear it second hand !...dr d advised me to use ben and if he thought she wasn't bred right or shouldn't have been bred how come he ended up with one oh wise one ?? i only used tidy as example as being tight bred like her which is what the this post was about . another thing since you are on about quiters i suppose its was ok that tidy was mated to 2 litters sisters who's mother had quit !this was told to me by the breeder not second hand again ...one thing for sure ... wether you believe the montana bitches breeding or not... she was a producer !!!

14. united

united Banned

Nice of you and the others who have, to think of me in the same breath as NN, but I'm not NN. So please get your fact's right. I know him and pester him again and again for info on the dog's.

For your info I got told by a third party that NN refused to breed to Montana as at the time he was unstarted, pedigree didn't come into it just the quality of the individual dog was important. And that's how it should be.

Dr D always had first refusal on any Montana pup's and okayed any mating done with him, one reason he wasn't bred as often was the limited space of Dr D. The only litter I'm aware of he didn't take pup's from is your bitch's. Montana had previously stopped sireing pup's before the time your bitch was conceived and he was sold cos he couldn't produce. Do you think he would've been sold if he was fertile? Fact is I don't care I just use your bragging to highlight poor breeding standards that can and will lead to the deterioration of a good line, when people stop looking at their dog's.

The difference between the two bitch's you mention and yours, is that although their dam did quit (which I had already been told) both were done before getting bred to Tidy, Do you really think they would have been bred if they wasn't? And both these litters produced winners. Now where do I say it's ok? Also where do I mention quitters?

The fact is that your bragging the bitch is well bred based on paperwork, not her individual quality. As I said you can't rely on whats on a peice of paper. Paperwork has been the ruination of to many line's, not just Montana's.

A producer please explain as I don't know anyone who know's of any winners bred of her.

15. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

gunman was asking if there is any tight stuff left....i have never bragged and only tried to be of help to him by stating what i know was left ... i aint bothered how you or anyone else thinks she was bred rustler told me that dr d said the breeding was right so that was good enough for me ...as for being a producer.. if you dont think she is then fair enough ...but lads that had stuff off her thought otherwise .

16. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

seems to me me that you are the one doing the bragging about tidys offspring being the best ... as for the bitch being untried ..bens owner was probably the main influence in the breeding taken place ...i trusted his opinions

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  17. united

united Banned

Are you really that stupid? The thread is about the so called Montana dog's, not any other line. And Tidy's offspring are the best of what's left of these Montana dog's, that's about today. Show me any other lined Montana decendant's that are as competitive or Better.

As for Ben's owners influence, Can't you think for yourself? Your the owner so it was your decision to breed and sell the pup's from an unproven bitch nobody else's.

Were am am I bragging? I don't own any Montana decendant's and never have. All I've done is express my opinion on how the blood has deteriorated in the hand's of people such as yourself. By breeding for paper and ignoring the qualities that made the blood good in the first place.

18. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

lets get this right youve never owned any offspring of montana and you claim to know everything about them :rolleyes:...that says it all ...as for bens owner we were sort of partners at the time ...i valued his opinion as he knew more about them dogs than the likes of you ever will !!!

19. united

united Banned

I've got eye's and have seen how it's degenerated over the years. Where do I claim to know everything on them? I know people that have been around them since they first arrived and it's their knowledge and experiance, plus all that I've seen with my own eye's of the Montana dog's. That tell me what I know.

Maybe Ben's owner does know more than me but as a friend is fond of telling me, no one knows everything and you never stop learning.

20. united

united Banned

Thank's Do you have the other two report's by any chance?