1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Jenny Mill, Project 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Here Old Timer couldn't find the tread, but found my pics, of the first one i made, making a newer stronger one , waiting for proper axle that's it. ,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the material for the second,

• (1) 11' x (3''x3") "I" beam

• (2) 4'' x 1.5'' heavy duty garage door tracks (very rigid but light!) (will stop when dog stops)

• Needed one rim and axle

• and more welding sticks :D
    this should eliminate the wire needed, but not sure till it s complete tho:confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the Garage door tracks are about 15' long with them overlapping, should be good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    in the back ground you can see the 6 hound box made of metal I've started, again good *Tip Old Timer , the doghouses are made of the same wood i was going to use and there already ruined..:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
  2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

the idea with the first one was make it portable, and just put 2 empty old bath tubs full of water on the base, then its steadied! no longer tipping when dog gets going real fast.

might still try the base style again, I just used 1 inch solid steel rod before, so i had to stop the wobbly pole affect with the tension wires.

3. cutt

cutt CH Dog

trial and error Bowens...its comin along nice and good luck with it homie..

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Red Bolts to keep the bearing and wheel from flying off when in use! that is if you got the front axle way, i'm gonna weld 2 big washes, the size of shaft on the back side of wheel, and keep it from moving anywhere, it still has to spin obviously tho.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some new pics of the new Jenny project #2

I got the wheel in the center figured out, i think with out using the car axle, I had a front car axle and tried to modify it. Just cause of the bulkiness of the rear axles when building a portable jenny. But its tricky if your not sure what to fasten down they it will come apart. And you would need torches for that...

So i got some industrial bearing mounts for $10 each with bearing and shaft included.

I got an I-Beam @11'
    2 garage door tracks for the extensions of the I-BEAM, not sure how long they are..(lost my tape) (aprox. 15'-18' each) (I can overlap them 3' each, on the I-Beam for strength)

and a steel barn pulley is the wheel i have to mount the I-Beam,

i also was given a BASE prefabricated already, with a chunk of I-Beam that I will mount the 2 bearing mounts on to steady my main beam when done, I found the base i was given was made of thinner steel (more flex) so that's what the short chunk of I-Beam is for to steady it all so its not poorly made, the last one i made worked, but the base was shaky and the rest followed it to the ground.

But I'm going to get 2 complete barrels with lids, tip them over under the top of the base and fill them with water for stability. (about 110 liters of water should hold it real good)

the problem with the Bearing mounts it they are made of cast metal in stead of good steel..... but they have grease nipple on them already too.... so what ever way you do, find you weakest points and cover all bases....

I'm making this so that i can convert the bearing to an axle if this doesn't work, but I'm dead set on the portable one tho, I could just get a rear axle from a wreckers or buy some proper stuff and concrete it in the ground, but for a project that cost next to nothing to do....I'll just figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I got a Buddie coming to weld it up soon, mines at the folks place still, and he's got a portable one, i found it easier to weld with stick welder than wire fed on older material....and stick welding a lot stronger!

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

so I have the material to do a 25' swinging beam, is that enough turning space for a good stride?:confused:

(25' is tip to tip)

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Bump, Bump, need answer before i weld it....:D

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

not going to pretend i'm an expert at jennys but that sounds fine to me. gringo might be more help but heres a plan thats roughly the same length.

[​IMG]

9. Deniz

Deniz Big Dog

thnx naustroms