1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Jeeps offspring

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by smalldog, May 9, 2016.

1. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

To answer your question, it's almost impossible to say. He produced some really good or great dogs and produced some that were able to produce almost like him but as far as all around his ability to win and produce who knows. He had one son that many don't know about that a lot of people thought had his type ability but he died young in Ch Bronco, some said he might of even had more ability than Jeep.. His daughter Ch Missy was also a much talked about bitch far as ability goes and some said one of the best off him..

Big Vinny likes this.
  2. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

TY

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Great posts as always, RR.

4. promoe

promoe Top Dog

I think it should also be noted that Jeep's offspring in return also produced POR/ROM dogs. Dogs like Lug and Bridgette aren't as popular as some of the other household names. Almost all of the J/RB crosses I have had experience with some worked better than others. We often joke around as it being the "bulldog starter kit" aka "dynasty builders" lol. IME the J/RB/Eli or Snooty have higher % than the J/RBJ crosses. I am sure EP can post a list of peds of Jeeps offspring that also produced. I consider some of what I have to be heavier Honeybunch than Jeep but that is another thread ;)

5. promoe

promoe Top Dog

Btw the background on here looks like a clone to Jeep.

6. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

If Jeeps off springs werent great there would be very little to no Jeep dogs of today, just like the OFRN or Colby dogs......wait for it , wait for it....LMAO

Dred Lok Kennels likes this.
  7. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I agree Treez...

8. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Elias has his pom poms out again as usual. LMAOROTF

9. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Thanks fellas I do try to spread some good knowledge I was handed over the years, free of charge of course lol.

10. Fyrehound

Fyrehound Pup

That explains why my mentor wants to give me a J/RB pup for my first dog. From what I've seen, it's definitely a cross you just can't go wrong with. And it seems to breed well into any other bloodline, too.

11. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Or he runs J/RB... The starter kit is joke/generalization. A lot of dogs from that cross to be had by almost anyone. Hence the starter kit around here. You can get a good start from any line as long as they were bred honest. I'm not talkin peds. That's taking nothing from the cross

12. Fyrehound

Fyrehound Pup

I know it was a joke, I saw the "lol" at the end ;). My mentor actually runs RB-based crosses, only has two J/RBs out of 30 dogs, actually. Still, it does seem to be a cross everyone can find success with easily, whether greenhorn or old timer.
    Agreed.

13. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Brings us back to A much discussed problem of todays APBT, the gyps!!!! Believe what you want but A well bred producing gyp makes all the difference! Opening dogs like that up for public stud, was pretty much unheard of back in the day! One of the reasons things are the way they are! A tight nit sport goes public!!! Another thing mentioned who knows how many great ones are rotting on the chain!!

reddirt redneck likes this.
  14. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I always took that remark as a compliment, I mean the line of dogs was always so good a rookie could get them and win with them lol.

15. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I do agree with the quality of gyp part, it seems most of the successful breeding programs were around some quality or damn good gyps. I mean folks will let you breed to their ROM stud all day long but you be hard fetched to get one off their ROM gyp. That alone speaks in the importance but I wouldn't say opening dogs like Jeep up for stud is one of the reasons things are the way they are. Shit Tudor had dogs open for stud back in the 40s lol, Carve sold dogs all through the 60s-70s to anybody with a dollar from Texas to Canada so Jeep in the 80s wasn't out of the norm. Just like all things the more popular the sport got the more people that got involved and for whatever reason when you get the bull you get the horns as well.

reddirt redneck and TROTLINE like this.
  16. c_note

c_note CH Dog

That's one way to look at it. I agree with the last part, mostly

17. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

The starter kit was the most consistent reliable cross of its time and plus it went well with others,,,
    something for the greenhorns and the old timers is right as it rejuvenated the ol'Ironline as shown with champion Hagler...

You see alot of old timers add a bit to their blood and even abandon their old lines and feed a the new one...
    To me the jeep redboy crossess as well as the patrick redboy/jocko crosses were the beginning of an evolution of dogs getting
    more consistent and perhaps even better as the blood goes on two centuries of combat...

Those grand champions off those grand champions off those grand champions out of champions and so forth is proof...

I am not a fan of redboy dogs too pure by any means but will go on a limb and say if you dont have a touch you are missing
    out on the most valuable cross of todays prevalence,,, a tad or tab seems to go very far...

18. niko

niko CH Dog

I know a good producing female is great to have but all the lines being discussed were based off males...redboy, jeep,bolio

19. c_note

c_note CH Dog

20. c_note

c_note CH Dog

If that ped is correct that is