1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Jasper, AL: Council to discuss proposed breed ban, June 7

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by StopBSL.com, Jun 3, 2011.

1. StopBSL.com

StopBSL.com StopBSL.com RSS Feed

Mayor Sonny Posey of Jasper, AL, proposed a breed ban that would include “pit bulls,” Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, mixes of these, and any mutt that “looks like” one of these. Recent news coverage indicates that the mayor may now be … Continue reading →[​IMG]

More from StopBSL.com...

2. KMBagwell

KMBagwell Pup

The mayor has put this ban back on the agenda. A change made (from what I understand) in the very wee morning hours of the day of the June 7th meeting. People supporting the dogs were not able to speak on behelf of their dogs due to no time left on the sch after he made his last min change. A slanderous level, anti Pit Bull Letter to the Editor was published in the Japer newspaper, Daily Mountain Eagle this morning. They also aired the story of a dog bite victim on the local news earlier this week. All NEGATIVE media, we're not getting a chance to voice any postive opinions for these dogs. I will attempt to post a copy of the letter soon.
    The Daily Mountain Eagle can be contacted at : (205)221-2840 & the City of Jasper at (205)221-2100.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Is there any media outlet to talk to? Can you hold a rally. A positive event to get coverage.

4. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

If there is a rally I will be happy to show up with my Dobermann and bully mix...

5. KMBagwell

KMBagwell Pup

6 pm Thursday June 16th at Lisa's Twisted Whiskers in Jasper, AL. One of the local newspapers and hopefully 42 News will be out to meet with all of us and get our dog's side of the story. We would LOVE as much support as possible. All breeds of dogs are more than welcome. Also Monday June 21st, 7 pm we will be holding a "fun walk" with all our dogs to incourage local support. PLEASE attend with all your well behaved canines !!!!!!! For more info if need please feel free to email me at kayla090205@yahoo.com THANKS

6. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I will TRY my best to be there, it isn't local to me but I am in-state and would hate to see this happen in Alabama... My mother's truck broke down and she's been using mine but I will try to get a ride.

7. KMBagwell

KMBagwell Pup

We had a GREAT turnout at the meeting last night. CBS 42 News Birmingham came out and covered the story, spoke with several of us, and got some great shots of the dogs. Check it out on www.cbs42.com !!! We had Pit Bulls, American Bulldogs, Hounds, Rottweilers, Chihuahuas, Dashhounds, and a Patterdale pup. Great variety and they were videoed all together without one single prob !!!! Newspaper came out and covered as well. That should be out by nxt wk. FINALLY GETTING SOME GOOD PUBLICITY ON THESE DOGS !!!! We will be holding a "dog walk" as soon as we know the next Council Meeting that discusses the breed ban. Possibly the last wk of June ?? No word from City Hall yet....

8. KMBagwell

KMBagwell Pup

BSL is back in Jasper !! This time it is with a "muzzleing ordinance". All dogs must be muzzled at ALL TIMES when out, even on their own property. All dogs must be muzzled at ALL TIMES EVEN INSIDE if around a child. This is being directed at "bully type" dogs. Meeting today at Gamble Park in Jasper, AL around 7pm. We will be meeting with a few members of the city council and try to get some good word out against this INSANITY !!!

9. KMBagwell

KMBagwell Pup

Special committe meeting at the Jasper Police Dept. Thursday August 4th @6pm. WE NEED AS MUCH SUPPORT AS POSSIBLE !!! Also we will be setting up a table for a "meet & greet" at Tractor Supply Pet Days this Saturday August 6th, starting at 8am. PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to attend the meeting Thursday night. City officials have been VERY shady on this situation and we need a strong public showing !!!!!! ​