1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Japanese Fighting Lines????

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by tatabubs, Aug 7, 2008.

1. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

You are worried about line breeding producing bad/unhealthy dogs :p. How unhealthy and irresponsible is it to breed dogs whos history you no nothing of :confused:? And just bcuz you saw papers don't mean shit! Did you meet the dogs, sires garand sires..ect???? If not how can you say you breed for temperment????....You should just stop responding altogether. Everytime you try and pull a foot out your ass you put or own in your mouth:D!

2. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I believe it. But only because being around the dog community has taught me that some people will attempt to justify anything. At least they say right on the main page of their website now that their dogs aren't legitimately registered. Honesty counts for something, I suppose.

BTW, Tata, your puppy is chocolate. It's not a rare color. Your girl appears to be brindle-pointed. Not common, but not rare either.

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Did ya'll actually read their site. Pups were born on 4/11 and mom Jasmine died on 5/13 after being sick for three days. Couldn't even take that dog to the vet? Breeding Crazy.. Left them a comment on their site. China had to go the the vet three times after her one and only litter or she could have died. Lesson learned here. I wish other ppl could get it.:confused:

5. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

don mayfield sold a lot of dogs to the japs in the early 80's they were'nt to interested in peds just wanted game dogs and were prepared to pay big money for them to

6. Nikita

Nikita Big Dog

7. rooster

rooster Banned

The japanese have excellent pit bull terriers. I am in Okinawa now and again and in Taiwan and Thailand etc. Both Okinawa and Taiwan have great dogs very very game. Nearly every dog I have come across here is VERY GAME AND OFTEN DEAD GAME AS I HAVE WITNESSED. They are not interested in peds you are right. They just have their own lines WITH NO PAPER WORK AT ALL. It is very competitive, most top dogs earning around 20 000 US$ for a Championship fight.

Pit bull terriers have been in Hong Kong for a very long time. The Chinese were importing them to fight against and interbreed with their Shar Pei in the the 1960's. The Japanese used them for interbreeding with Tosa.

They have good dogs with no peds. Dog men in Japan Korea Taiwan etc generally don't give a flying feuk about paper work just what the line achieves in the pit nothing else. Kind of like in Georgian England with the bulldawgs. I have never met a person in Taiwan or Okinawa that keeps these dogs as pets, never met one. They are 99% or the time kept for the pit and nothing else. As for temprement they don't care, as the dogs are yard dogs and never around kids as pets. Winning is all that matters to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2008
  8. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

please stop it now!! we don't need anymore breeders in the dogs. Do all of us a favor and take care of your dogs as pets and whenever you need another dog to replace the one(s) you have buy another. It is so much work raising dogs let alone puppies and by what you have tried to pull off you do not need to make your imprint on this breed. You are not doing the APBT any favors.

9. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

10. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

to Tatatubs,wether you think this is rude or unacceptable or not,I can't help it.There is no way of knowing the origin of your dog without knowing the origin of the parents.If they're still matching dogs in Japan[and I think they are]you can probaly have a higher % of good dogs since they can legaly be tested.I'm sure the dog is just a everyday run of the mill dog with a BYB line of BS behind it.No big deal,I bought a dog once that the ped didn't match what the breeder told me.I wasn't very happy about it,but it learned me a few lessons.Anyway,there is no way in good conscience that I could sell pups off that dog.

11. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

yes sir they fight apbts and tosas in japan. dog fighting is a legal and revered sport in japan. surely the apbt is alive and well in tha land of the sun

12. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Maybe Marty could start a new sticky, "Worst/Stupidest threads of all time on Game-dog.com"???? I think we have a candidate for numero uno!!!

13. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

whats stupid about this thread? its a fact that there are japanese apbt lines and its a fact that dog fighting is legal in that country. thats what counts. stating that here in my opinion is not wrong because its a fact and thats thir law when it comes to dog fights. the japanese dogs i had were brought to the islands by a firend who was a u.s. serviceman. its amazing how rich and deep the culture of the japanese is. each country has its own laws, cockfighting here in the islands is legal so as in mexico but in the u.s. its illegal. we should respect different cultures and traditions. this is the only way to learn about other countries as far as i'm concerned. my family, my friends and i love to travel around asia, europe and most specially to your country. its amazing that in the u.s itself, from south california, north california, vegas to the south like louisiana, mississipi and all the way to manhattan, new jersey, dc, buffalo etc etc there's already a diverse way of lifestyle and traditions, and if i'm not mistaken each state has a differnetset of laws. its to be appreciated and respected. i think what the people that should be banned here are precisely the people of your nature. arrogant but no sense at all as far as i'm concerned. your like a noisy can, nothing inside. and i think that if there were a stupid thread here, you are the best one to lead it and manage it . there are two values that i'm sure you dont have , respect for other people and the virtue of humility.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  14. rooster

rooster Banned

There are really fantastic pit dogs in Japan as there are fighting Shamo roosters. There are also very decent pit dogs in the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, and Korea. They are real hot beds of real fighting pit bull lines.
    As for the lines well the people that need to know the lines do and those that don't need don't. They are not often kept as pets in many of these countries I have been to (sometimes yes but not often). As for selling the dogs in the USA for pets, yes I can see some people's concerns without knowing the background as they are probably from seriously good fighting lines. However he says the parents are very good family dogs. I'd probably take one of him if I was living in the States. So I must be stupid, ok I can live with that lol

by the way this is a picture of the son of a 5 times winning pit fighting champion in Taiwan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  15. All of these backyard breeders should be made to work in the "back" of an animal shelter for just one day. Maybe if they saw the life drain from a few sad, lost, confused eyes, they would change their minds about breeding and selling unproven, unregistered dogs to people they don't even know. But probably not.
    That puppy they just sold will most likely end up in a shelter when it's not a cute little puppy anymore. So how would they feel if they knew that there's about a 90% chance that dog will never walk out of the shelter it is going to be dumped at?
    Purebred or not! About 50% of all of the dogs that are "owner surrenders" or "strays", that come into shelters are purebred dogs.
    And how stressful do you think being in a shelter is? Well, let me tell you the dog has 72 hours to find a new family from the moment it is dropped off, sometimes a little longer if the shelter isn't full and your dog manages to stay completely healthy. If it sniffles, it dies. The dog will be confined to a small run/kennel in a room with about 25 other barking or crying animals.
    It will have to relieve itself where it eats and sleeps. It will be depressed and it will cry constantly for the family that abandoned it. If the dog is lucky, there will be enough volunteers in that day to take him/her for a walk. If there isn't, the dog won't get any attention besides having a bowl of food slid under the kennel door and the waste sprayed out of its pen with a high-powered hose.
    If the dog is big, black or any of the Bully breeds, it was pretty much dead when it walked through the front door. Those dogs usually don't get adopted. If the dog doesn't get adopted within its 72 hours and the shelter is full, it will be destroyed. If the shelter isn't full and the dog is good enough, and of a desirable enough breed it may get a stay of execution...not for long though.
    If the dog makes it over all of those hurdles chances are it will get kennel cough or an upper respiratory infection and will be destroyed because shelters just don't have the funds to pay for even a $100 treatment.
    Have you ever witnessed a perfectly healthy, scared animal being "humanely euthanized?" First, the dog will be taken from its kennel on a leash...they always look like they think they are going for a walk happy, wagging their tails.
    Until they get to "The Room", every one of them freaks out and puts on the brakes when they get to the door...it must smell like death, because it happens with every one of them. The dog will be restrained, held down by 1 or 2 vet techs depending on the size and how freaked out they are. Then a euthanasia tech or a vet will start the process. They will find a vein in the front leg and inject a lethal dose of the "pink stuff." They all don't just "go to sleep." Sometimes they spasm for a while, gasp for air and defecate on themselves. When it all ends, the dog's corpse will be stacked like firewood in a large freezer in the back with all of the other animals that were killed waiting to be picked up like garbage.
    What happens next? Cremated? Taken to the dump? Rendered into pet food? You'll never know and it probably won't even cross your mind it was just an animal and you can always breed more, right? :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  16. I live in Okinawa, Japan and just off the top of my head, of the dogs I've known/seen... I can count the presence of:

Jeep
    Chinaman
    Redboy
    Jocko
    Carver's
    Boudreaux's
    Sorrell's

...those are just some of the more well-known dogs/lines that are ran out here.

17. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

valkyrian_danger that's a damn good post more people need to read and realize that needs to be posted in online peds...

18. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

unfortunately mate, they will proberly only read half of it and go about there buisiness peddeling pups and making money, they are only truely interested in the money, its depressing.:(

19. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

Easy pare... that was not directed to you but to the original poster. I thought that was pretty obvious. The thread kind of got hijacked into a serious discussion. No disrespect to you or the serious posters. That tatabubs is some character. YFIS

20. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

Easy pare... that was not directed to you but to the original poster. I thought that was pretty obvious. The thread kind of got hijacked into a serious discussion. No disrespect to you or the serious posters. That tatabubs is some character. YFIS