1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

japanese fighting dogs in australia

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by masta of game, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mw9661

mw9661 Pup

Lee I know you don't have any 75% Neos I was trying to make it clear to wardog that you don't sell dogs on percentages and that you are not one of the irresponsible breeders/owners calling a mutt a pitt mix.

2. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Wardog,

Of course you are entitled to your view as long as you do not force others to live by it. I assumed you asked about the "culls" out of concern for the APBT breed. That is why I stated none of our dogs are ever represented as such and we don't offer papers on any dogs except those that become part of our stud book. However, I can gladly be more specific. The ones that don't qualify to become part of the Swinford stud book are culled from the program...which can be done in many ways, including but not limited to spay or neuter and then sold as a pet...or they could be put down.

MW,

No worries. I just wanted to clarify that in case someone overlooked my reports.

3. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

Nice animals,I like the looks of Tony and Linebaugh
    How are the Tosa X APBT in drive and temperment?Do they differ from the Mastiff X APBT?
    Anything you would like to share,I'm all ears

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I don't really give 2 shits what you do with your dogs. You got on my bad side when i just stated my opinion about cross breeding. I never said it should be law! Then you go on this long winded discussion basically telling me about the laws of the great country yada yada B.S. How would you like it if i did that to you after you post an opinion.

5. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

WD, you did that. I posted my work, which is an expression of my opinion. You said your opinion, but didn't offer any comment on it being a "free world" and that it is ok to disagree. So, I just offered the reminder of the free world and of Bullyson's history. And, the fact that the APBT itself was created as a result of cross breeding the "Bull-n-Terrier." No biggie. I would rather move onto more important stuff. We don't have to agree, but we do need to respect our rights to disagree and do our own thing.

Farm cur,

I have seen great dogs with awesome drive as well as duds from both breedings. Just as with the pure pit dogs...it comes down to the traits and the individuals. Same as with a pure bred dog.

6. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

I see,I understand..So the Tosa influance dosen't change the end result?I guess what I ment to ask is why the Tosa?
    I'm not sure how to word what my brain is wondering.

7. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I caused you to rply to me in this way? You are talking to me like I am retarded and don't know what a Pit Bull is.

8. gredan

gredan Pup

Well mate, he is making you look pretty immature. He's responding with well thought out opinions and points and your first response came across kind of childish.

9. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Wardog, I would rather be clear than misunderstood.

Farm cur, In general it is easier to find a good tosa than it is a good EM. Both can work, and I prefer a good EM...but they are very very rare (probably 5% of the EMs are any good). A good Neapolitan is even rarer, I would say about 2-3%. The tosa has an advantage because a good one is a bit easier to find (say 20% decent). But, when you find a good one (one with drive, health, ability, etc), the EM is my favorite. They are stronger and just too tough to hurt.

10. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

Thanks for the reply.I was thinking that may be the case but I was curious if the Tosa put a different spin on things.
    We had some Bandogs when I was growing up,neat animals,one of them in particular was my favorite.I don't know how they were bred all I know is they came from down around Cocoa Beach in the early 70's.I haven't seen a healthy,stable Bandog in quite some time.
    Nice Animals-Kudos

11. Rebs

Rebs Banned

Top looking hounds Lee!

12. good discussion.[​IMG]

13. gar

gar Banned

My feeling is that as these guard dogs are being popularised because their sold as a bigger version of the ultimate dog the pitbull terrier (gamebred to fight to the death in the pit, not the show stuff and other shit bred pitbulls which make up the majority of dogs being bred today) and they are actually not needed , as a rottweiler can bite pretty good and so can a german sheperd , they might not be quite as rambo like in appearance , but most badguys getting bitten by either dog aint gonna like it one bit.so the reason breeders breed these dogs is to sell and make money , which is fine , 99% of all the worlds dogs are sold by peddelers , so nothing new there , but what next shall we try to cross a bear or lion , i mean these guys just love to try and get the baddest guard dog and the bandog or dogs like it are sold on the back of that type of mentality , and the troulbe is when these dogs do attack a person , whether its a bad guy or a kid , the media response will not be so different , and the reason why is becasue the media will still make the comparisons with a pitbull type dog and they cant do that if you man bite trianer breeders trained rottweilers instead now could they .but then you wouldnt feel like the big bad tough dog breeder , as those bandogs are generally tougher becasue of how there put toggether , but why makei t worse for everyone , in the end those bandogs or swinfords(obviously trying to create his own breed to sell peds and make $ doing it maybe he thinks he can leave a golden goose for his family to milk when hes dead and gone like geeenwood did with the adba , but others have been breeding socalled new breed bandog types for years , and im glad to say most inteligent people dont buy into that bullshit new breed crap)and if he thinks those dogs are too tough to be hurt , thats the bulshit sale talk , as their 10 min curs when they face a true gamedog , and believe me any dog hes got aint gonna want any part of a good 60lb deep game dog cos the japanese seen how there tosas couldnt hit a lick against even 40lb gamedogs , so i tell you if i want a guard dog i wouldnt want any cur dog , id rather not have any dog and not some dog thats all image and not much substance when you get right down to it

14. 3596

3596 Pup

he told you a fantastic story! probably a neo/cross. tosa even when a 4mnth old pup is bigger than a pitbull.