1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

japanese fighting dogs in australia

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by masta of game, Jun 13, 2009.

1. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

they meant the tosa inu... and its not any more illegal to have than any other breed of dog, if your locality has bsl against them ,but thats not common and you could just say its a bull mastiff or something if that was the case...

2. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

ya i wanted one researched them pretty thoroughly... they are like apbt some are bred to perform some are bred by byb or people who dont breed true to there standard which is Oriejta (leeriness towards strangers).... if socialized in a good home youl have a badass guardian who would straight kill someone if they tried busting in your house and is tolerant of friendly stranger (not like)...
    i like the breed , but im not sure what the temperment of an apbt fila cross would be

3. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

See that is the thing with Fila's they won't just attack a person. They aren't HA to the point where you can't go near one (well some may be). The dog you saw was probably watching you. That is what they do. They will watch a person and if you made a move the dog felt was aggressive towards its owner lol well then you may or may not be here right now.

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

so your saying i couldnt woop a 160lb dog? id bet the pistol on my hip could:eek:ha

5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Big Dog

Only if your fast enough Woody:D

Yis
    Quasi

6. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

maybe the dog u saw was a very athletic looking and in shape shar pei?

7. moonshine

moonshine Pup

You beleive everything you hear masta? Wasnt a Tosa you saw and there aint any here anyway.
    That dog is Tony the bulls Attila and he isnt Tosa cross he is fila cross pit.Not a bad worker at all.I know the fella that sold him his Filas originally

I have seen the cross over here and they are some bad ass dogs.Way too much dog for most peeps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
  8. Rebs

Rebs Banned

LMFAO At the fat fuk as if mate.

9. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

what u saw was this dude chongquing dog :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

heres a pic of one [​IMG]

11. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

keep your camera with u next time

12. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

this the dog or am i wrong ?:confused:

13. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Sandman, the dog TTB's Atilla is registered by us and owned by a gentleman that uses the alias "Tony the Bull," hence the "TTB" designation. He is an APBT x Fila...and a working class bandog.

I have done crosses of APBT x Tosa. If you would like to see photos of these dogs, let me know and I will post some.

"Masta of Game,"

I have also owned Tosa. What you describe is not fitting of a Japanese Tosa. They shouldn't have a red nose or a short muzzle. The Korean "Dosa" is believed to have originate from Neapolitan x Tosa origin, and IMO worthless and overdone.

What you describe sounds like a Chinese Shar pei, which some foolishly believe to be a "Chinese fighting dogs" and I wonder if that is what the owner was thinking. Remember, most people are not dog people. But, this dog has wrinkles and would be about the size of an APBT.

[​IMG]

14. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

I'd like to see the pics of the apbt x tosa cross.

15. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

so do I :p

16. mw9661

mw9661 Pup

http://molosserdogs.com/content1113.html here is a link to info on the chinese chonqing dog which seems to be very similar to what you are describing however it is a chinese fighting dog and not japanese but how many people do you here say they have a pitbull and then when asked what line they say American? lol :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

17. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Thats was the first to come to my thoughts. maybe it was a Shar Pei.. Not a Tosa.

Vic

18. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

We refer to our dogs as Swinfords, but for those that don't know what that is...it is a performance oriented Bandog bred for protection work. Here are some APBT x Tosa dogs...

This dog, Splash (as he loved the water since he was a pup), is 50% APBT and 50% Tosa.
    [​IMG]

Another photo of Splash.
    [​IMG]

This dog, Tony, is also from an APBT x Tosa breeding.
    [​IMG]

Here is a female from an APBT x Tosa breeding.
    [​IMG]

Here is one with some Tosa and APBT influence being pulled off a hog after a successful catch.
    [​IMG]

This dog, Tate, would be composed of 50% APBT, 25% Neapolitan, and 25% Tosa.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This dog, Damon, is Tate's littermate brother.
    [​IMG]

Here is another 50% APBT, 25% Neapolitan, and 25% Tosa. Her name is Lynn.
    [​IMG]

The APBT influence is strong enough to clean up the mess found in mastiffs to produce a much tighter dog even with as little as a well selected 30% APBT influence, as seen here in Mojo (who is 50% EM, ~30% APBT, ~12.5% Neapolitan, and ~7.5% DDB/AB).
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  19. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Here is Mojo's brother, Linebaugh. I was going to add him to the post above but ran out of time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Good lookin dogs. I really like that Tate dog. I would hate to climb through a window and meet one of em.

Vic