1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ivomec ?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, Jun 5, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

a buddy of mine bought some. he is going to inject. i said dilute give orally. does it matter. i heard injecting can start an abcess at point of injection. just want to find out some good advice before he gives it to them. thanks

2. gator

gator Big Dog

I have always used a 10-1 mixture and gave orally and starting an abcess at point of injection is new to me unless the person is getting air in syringe?

3. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

Last week Gator gave me advice- IT WORKED PERFECTLY!

I gave orally and have had no problems

My only advice: keep ivomec refrigerated, expiration date will correct then, if you leave it in the warmth of sun or home or kennel area, it will shorten shelf life

4. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

The only reason the dog might get an abcess is if a dirty needle was used..Other then that it should be fine to inject it.....

5. how do you administer ivomec orally? how do mix it? with food or water? i have a dog who went crazy when he saw needle, so i cant administer injection unto him... so i guess there is another option, to give it orally... a reply is greatly needed... thanks...

ps

would it also help on preventing heartworm?

6. gator

gator Big Dog

yes it will help in preventing heartworms also.

7. thank you sir...

what do you mean by 10-1 mixture? how's it? tnx

8. gator

gator Big Dog

i cc of ivomec 10 cc of mix {cooking oil}or whatever you choose and outta that mix 1 cc will treat 40lbs of body weight orally.

9. HCK

HCK Big Dog

I say give it by injection. If taken orally it can be hard on the kidneys and this should not be taken lightly! Ivomec can be dangerous if slightly overdosed also.

10. BDK

BDK oo7

i give half cc ivomec per 50 lbs and mix it with orange juice its kills the bitter taste orally is the best method

11. HCK

HCK Big Dog

Suit yourselves its your dogs, but it can also burn the throat. Be careful if you do it orally. Just a warning not shit talkin. lol