1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

???? Ivomec for heart worms

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by kwatts04, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“i am curious as to why or how giving ivormec orally differs to giving sub q at all”
    Convenience and ease.

“what are the adverse affects of the sub q injection?”
    Same as with any other injection.

“also searkkennels gave the same recomended dosage as xxx but the only difference was that it was recomended that the dosage by given orally not sub q.”
    Yes, both of their recommended dosages were incorrect and ill-advised! I’m sure you can look on this board and any other one on the internet and find many giving out that dosage. There is a lot of misinformed individuals giving advise out, no matter how many people repeat that incorrect dosage will it make it correct!

“i have been told that 1% ivormec is ok to give a dog at .1 cc per 10 lbs of body weight by sub q injection by many people who have been doing so for quite some time and i have been doing so over two years with no adverse affects that i have seen, and i understand that because i haven't seen it does not mean that nothing is going wrong .”
    Over dosing is never “ok”, just because the dog might not show adverse reactions to the amount, still doesn’t make it the correct dosage! I’ve seen and heard of dogs being given 1000 ug/kg, daily for Demodectic mange, but sure as hell wouldn’t recommend anyone giving it at that dosage. I’ve even had a 48lbs dog ingest 15cc worth of it, it didn’t kill him, should everyone start recommending them dosages too?

“Texasbulldogs what do you recommend as a dosage? Ive always heard .1cc also.”
    Did you not read this thread, Miakoda gave the correct dosage?

2. texasboy

texasboy Big Dog

thank you very much texasbulldogs for answering my questions, it is greatly appriciated. and also thanks mia for giving us all the correct dosages. i will certainly make sure i change what i am doing for the first of next month and i thank you both for keeping me informed.
    yis,
    t.j.

3. xXx

xXx Pup

Not even worth my time...