1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is your dog this smart??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mdd757, Dec 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mdd757

mdd757 Pup

Just curious but does anyone have tips on training their pitbull to be therepudic dogs for patients and so on?? Like at nursing homes and hospitals.....any advice is a plus!!let me know, im real intrested in geting my dog into these kind of activities.

check my pitty Motley out
    www.motleysjourney.blogspot.com theres a ton of picz!!

2. venom

venom Top Dog

Dunno... i doubt the training methods used on apbt's are much different from the ones they use on any other breed. You might wanna check out some forums or sites dedicated to that sort of thing.

3. supertank

supertank Big Dog

I dont think any training is required it all depends on the temperament of the dog. It must be completely sound. Not scared, not hyper etc basically it has to sit with a stranger without moving much and be patted. And sometimes there might be other animals around.

4. mdd757

mdd757 Pup

i mean he's not a jumper, and he never barks..but i wasn't sure if there were any specifications...hes been thru two levels of training and obeys a lot of what i say...it might just me being a parent wanting him to know as much as possible but i really enjoy having such a smart pitbull

5. supertank

supertank Big Dog

I have been thinking of going to schools to teach kids how be around a dog cos here they either seems to be kids that flap around and poke ya dogs eyes out or scream and run.