1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

is there a true blue apbt gamebred?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by geezuss, Feb 14, 2010.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Yes james what you speek of is called "color type" breeding method.
    It is a good tool but only one lil thing to consider among many when breeding dogs.

2. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

I would hit the thank you button red,but its gone lol:D..And i was speaking more of picking a pup outta a litter,like in a cross where i was more interested in one side than the other.Something of those sorts,but you get my drift.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  3. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

@Geezuss,

You might wanna look into staffords (SBT not Amstaffs). Probably easier to find an athletic, small (under 35lbs), blue bitch that wasn't specifically bred for color and can still perfom. Most of the SBT you'd be looking at will be overseas, but thats probably still easier than finding a "gamebred blue" apbt here in the states.

And I don't mean that like "you shouldn't own a real APBT." I think the importance of color has already been covered in this thread. But a good SBT is a bulldog all the same, and it might be closer to what you're looking for.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

5. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Youngs Bad Man is in my Redboy pups ped.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

That pup is blue because the top side of the ped is heavy TNT blood (staff blood) and most of it is heavily based off the watch dog stuff I wouldn't call that a game bred breeding it looks like they bred a staff to a game dog. If you go through the dog's in the top half of this ped you will see what I am talking about.

7. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Thats more like a wtf bred dog y anyone would take a female bred like that a take her to that crap is beyond me lol sure wasnt lookin for working dogs

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yeah My guess is to get some blue dogs LMAO!

9. I totally agree. The better question is why drag up a 2 1/2 year old turd thread that isn't worth discussing LOL.....cough sadie cough......LOL

10. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Sorry LMAO!!! I don't know I was bored and wanted something to talk about since you weren't on to entertain me LOL

11. LOL sounds like a likely story! :)

12. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

Bellons GrCH Soga was used in southern kennels a couple years back into a jocko redboy bitch and the one they kept has that "grey" muzzle... Just like I see that mentioned above "wasn't there a blue Barracuda bred dog?" Blue Barracuda?? (I'd love to have the car like that) that kind of stuff is right around the corner and the street folk and laymen will take it and run. Not to mention the other people doing so said crosses and then breeding there blue outcrossed dogs to each other (you know some people will) then you will have people I mentioned above running off half kilter and the "blue JRB" and "blue baracuda" will be everywhere. Yes this is two years old but 2yrs ago that blue dog was bred into SK stock. So they'll soon be in a breeder classified near you..

13. Another thing that gets old is every time the stupid blue dog discussion comes up Soga gets drug into it. 1 damn blue dog ever does something and that makes em real lol.

As far as breeders, I don't care what's it in or what it's bred to. That doesn't mean you have to be stupid enough to acquire it or implement it into your program. I know I sure as hell wouldnl't.

14. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

All i got to say is anyone can hang any paper on any dog at any time.

Take those blue Staffs and keep them. I never seen one blue dog out the thousands I have personally touched or seen. All from proper working lines. NONE ZERO NOTTA ONE BLUE!

15. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

I agree and I hate to be the one to have done so this time; in retrospect it is to bring to light that the blue trait is now in SK JRB bloodline and all those ridiculous names for colors is right around the corner for the JRB and the SK name. ... AGAIN... I TOTALLY AGREE.

16. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Well you know peddlers or blue dog fanciers are always trying to come up with an excuse to claim real working blue apbt's are commonly seen in working apbt lines and can function like the rest of them that way they have a pathway to peddle their staff/bully shit to the rest of blue dog fans. I hear people say all the time on other forums I am going to start a line of working blues and all I can do is SMH LOL. The truth is it is rare to see a blue game dog that's why Soga is the only dog that has any real working titles on her that can be mentioned in these type of conversations. I can think of a few blue dogs that I saw on paper that are supposed to be from game lines but I can't think of any blue dog besides Soga that actually had any real working titles on it that any dog man can actually verify that's legit. When I see ped's like the one above I feel like that breeding was done to peddle blue dogs and to fool people into believing that blue game dogs are common in game lines all people see is the bottom side and are like wow barracuda throws blue dogs LOL. Bullshit those yellow dogs throw a high percentage of red and buckskin dogs with black masks and white markings I have seen a few brindles and some black dogs but for the most part those dogs are super consistent when bred that tightly. I can't speak for the breeding but it's truly obvious based on the notes found on the pedigree that this breeding was done to capitalize on the blue craze and that blue shit didn't come from cudda it came from the top side and I have a hard time believing the bottom side is correct since the momma would have been a carrier as well in order for any of those pups to be blue. But it's pointless unless you saw the breeding who the hell knows.

But this is what made me think the breeding was done to peddle even though they cleverly state none for sale... And people who don't know those dogs on the top side would jump on the shit ASAP and claim they have a game bred blue ....

the first blue barracuda female not to mention the dam is not even off barracuda so I personally wouldn't call the pup a barracuda dog the pup's dam is not cuda regardless of how many times cuda shows up in the pedigree.

And to add I have nothing against blue dogs I have owned them but I find it funny to see those breedings and the people doing them swear the parents are game bred... Anyone who can read a pedigree can see there is staff blood all over the top side of the pedigree.

17. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

What about the Falins Dogs from the TnT stuff. They seemed to have some titles behind them if I am not mistaken. Think they have some Turpins in em too. Just another Blue bunch that was good.
    Them nasty mofos when the Desert Storm crossed Watchdog were some serious animals too.

18. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I fed one off the Falins dogs nothing wrong with them BUT some of those working titles on those dogs are questionable and there is no denying they used staff blood as the foundation for the line. I personally wouldn't consider that line an APBT line because of the heavy influence of staff blood used in the program even though I am well aware they used APBT blood as well.

19. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

I would not say heavy. It looks like the sire is 1/2 TNT blood from the Blue Golith dog.

20. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yeah I looked at the dam on the top side I see it goes back to the carver dogs there is a bunch of dogs I have never heard of on Cuban Blue Force's Sasha top side ... But you are right the TNT is coming from the Goliath dog which is half of the dogs makeup.