1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

is there a true blue apbt gamebred?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by geezuss, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

2. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

My comment "go get you a blue grayhound" was made because the op is serching for athletic blue dogs . It was a joke lmao. and again you missed my point. (shakeing head)
    point being coat color has no barring on the quality of bulldog and athleticism is vary low on the criteria list as far as deeming a dog worth breeding. Hell most of the rankest dogs on earth were athletic lmao. The apbt in its self is an athletic breed. If one is breeding dogs with coat color and athleticism as top prioritys he can keep his dogs I dont want em.

4. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

but your missing my point it seems. i never stated that i only wanted a blue athletic dog...

5. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

NOOOOOOOOOOOO ur missing the WHOLE point. Period.
    One should be breeding to and getting pups from the best avalable BULLDOGS one has access to based on PERFORMANCE. Color should have absoulutely NOOOO barring on what dog you breed to or select pups off from. The fact that color is part of youre criteria at all lets me know tons about youre experiance and intention with the apbt.

6. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

LOL . And what i am saying is that i want a GOOD PERFORMING GAMEBRED BLUE APBT . so you are missing the point. I know the history of the breed and to better the breed color will have no barring on "performance" .this can open open an entirely differnt discussion that can branch off in tons of directions.. but that is not the discussion..

7. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Good luck in youre quest to find a blue gamebred dog. Im willing to bet you have no idea what a good bulldog was if it bit ya in youre butcheek lmao.
    Its hard enuf to get good dogs period let alone blue buldog
    Are there random freek blue dogs out of gambred strains yes .Is it possable some of these are breeding quality, Yes. Thing is any real dogman is breeding this rare blue gambred bulldog to other BULLDOGS and not seeking out other rare gamebred blues. Tharefore the blue color remains a rareity in true blue(no pun intended lmao) apbt strains. Strains built on performance NOT color.

8. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

i agree but i believe we have had a few threads almost exactly similar to this minus the whole kennel and breeder but still can be searched and nice dogs btw and as for color preference i dont have one but i can appreciate a good coat and color :D

9. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Give the guy a damn break, why do you care if he wants a blue, red, green, purple, brindle dog I mean seriously. Worry about your dogs and what YOU like it.

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

was that directed at me by any chance?

11. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Dude could learn a lot from my post on the subject. Im not bashing. Im teaching if anything. Dont tell me what to worry about . You seem awfull worryed about my opinionon the subject. I personaly am worryed for the breed as a whole because of the overwelming amout of dumbasses and scum in the dogs. If i see an opratunity to set a newb straight and point him in the right direction I will do so. Sorry I wont wear kiddie gloves with him or you. Get a thicker skin and like i said if ya want perdy blue athletic dogs we will all be better off as will the apbt as a whole if you just get a grayhound. P.S. if you take me up on my advice on the grayhound thing.....I'll probobly be chased down and killed by the true grayhound fanciers .....as the grayhound is also a performance based working breed. LMMFAO. just dont get a dog.

12. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

13. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

no, not at all.

Thick skin? It's the damn Internet dude get a life. According to you color doesn't matter all that matters is quality, so what the he'll does it matter if he want a blue dog. He stated he doesn't want a hippo bully, he wants a quality game blue. If he never finds it, then who the he'll cares, he won't be hurting anyone. And if he does good for him. It's obvious there are game bred blue pitbulls out there, it's just a rarity.

14. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Who the hell are you to tell me to get a life? You need to shut up and re read my post untill it all becomes clear.
    here is a test for ya. Name one respected quality breeder of gamebred apbt who Consistantly produces blue dogs in there breedings?? Name one worthy Sire that is blue?
    please dont bring bup that tired old garbidge turpin shit nether.

15. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

AWW what happened to getting tough skin..funny how you can call people shit you feel but when they say something you say they need tough skin, how bout you try getting some for yourself bud..lol and when did i say blues are constantly being produced? i specifically said it is a rarity, and that he may NEVER find one.

16. venom

venom Top Dog

Very few blue dogs come out of game bred litters. VERY FEW. I don't know the ratio, but i bet you only a handfull of blue pups come out of every so many thousand litters. But even if we said 1 outa every 1,000 dogs is blue... which is a generous number. On top of that, not all those dogs in the litter are gonna be worth feeding when its all said and done. So those "rare blue pups" you got, most of em will probably be eliminated in your search for the complete dog for one reason or another.

The reason people don't like others to be selective of the coat color, especially a rare coat color... is because this isn't an AKC dog show. This is about performance and when people start focusing on coat color, they start turning a blind eye to the original purpose. You look for a good performance dog, and if he grows up and ends up with some cool colors or markings thats okay too. Besides, a dog bred for performance will be in trouble when he's suffering from coat disease, losing his hair, all fucked up cuz his blue coat.

17. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Atta Boy lol...see this dude gets it.

18. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i know a guy in INDY with one hell off a bulldog she is blue brindle an off ART/BOLIO stock I have seen a few ART bred dogs that was blue an produced blues

19. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

20. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Nice post said well