1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

is there a true blue apbt gamebred?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by geezuss, Feb 14, 2010.

1. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

ive been looking all over for a gamebred blue apbt in the 30lb range. anyone know if there even is one? post peds or you can pm me a kennel or breeder i can look into please. i look at hundreds of old time peds and never seem to find a blue one and yes i know its usually a color variation of black, and yes i know lots of the breed and history .i dont want one of these "hippos" that are blue..... thanks everyone :)

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

they exist

3. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

4. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

:deadhorse:

5. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

thanks ive seen that ped before and its a beautiful dog i apreciate it. and thanks laced :) . so the hunt will continue hehe :)

and what purpose is this for?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  6. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

A.P. is implying that you are beating a dead horse...blue dogs have been discussed ad nauseum, so everyone tends to bristle at these kind of threads lol

7. venom

venom Top Dog

yeah, search blue dogs, blue nose, blue champ, blue anything and check out those threads. I'm sure this question has been asked, probably a post somewhere with a lot more information than what will be given on this thread just due to the fact its been talked about so many times.

8. power

power Pup

Used to be an old man close to Weatherford, Texas who had some very good blue dogs. Can't remember his name but he was the first to champion out a blue dog in A.D.B.A.

9. venom

venom Top Dog

I personally don't like blues lol. the blue fawn is alright, but deep blue isnt my thing. I prefer a good ol black dog or fawn if i had to pick based on that, which i wouldnt do. If i thought the best dog out the litter was a blue one, id take him.

10. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

im looking for the total package , in a blue bitch though. if i have to wait a year to two to find her then so be it :) .

11. venom

venom Top Dog

Good luck, its hard enough to find the total package when you're just looking for a dog in general... not to mention if you're coat specific.

12. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Well all's I can say is GOOD LUCK! More than likely your gonna open yourself up to gettin riped off by a paper hanger!
    Gamebred blues are nearly nonexistent! And what do you consider "a total package"?
    If color is what you are after, wouldn't any blue be good enough?

13. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

well i like dog on the smaller side . i mean not over 35lbs. i see to many of these breeders ruining the breed and making huge dogs. like what these idiots did with the "bullies" imo. i dunno i want a small ,confident, game dog. with a very very solid temperament not HA .Balically a true apbt lol

14. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

the color to me isnt the most important thing by any means, but i would just prefer a blue apbt is all. :)

15. geezuss

geezuss Big Dog

and the paper hanger thing is what im worried about to. if i wanted say a blue staffordshire bull terrier/apbt mix id get one of those cause that would probably be the mutt someone would be trying to pull off as a pure to get the blue in there . but i dont .i love the apbt i think they are the perfect animal

16. ganja

ganja Big Dog

you don't buy an apbt for it's color IMO... but that's just me...

17. popper

popper CH Dog

i mean i see where he is coming from as i favor rednoses BUT thats not all i have as it is all about performance

18. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Blues do pop out in litters as blue is a dilute of black , i cant emember whether it was maverick or skull threw a few blue dogs over the years. Reid's scrapper was another smokey blueish colour that came from a game line of dogs no doubt there have been others too.

19. WARTOWN

WARTOWN Pup

20. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned