1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is my dog too small for its age?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Pitrulez, Jan 28, 2013.

?

Is it too small?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Although it's not the norm, I see no problem with its size.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Yea. PM me ur email address and il send u some. Too much trouble posting with my phone.

2. tubrunwva

tubrunwva Big Dog

5.jpg My next door neighbors dogs look just like yours. 1.jpg

3. I had a dog who was about 26 pounds fully grown. I could be mistaking, but at 7 months old, he was no bigger than 15 lbs. Don't worry about it...just feed the little guy and give him lots of love and exercise - it'll work itself out.

4. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

5. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

In the end, a dog makes his papers. Papers dont make the dog. Yea its nice to know exactly what you got for breeding. If this is a pet then dont sweat it.

She is a good looking dog and appears to be very energetic. When she is grown will be your best indicator. Seems to me dogs at 8 weeks usually have their adult or similar to adult build. After that they stretch and get rangy, heads are skinny or skinnier till they get closer to a 12-16 months.

My Shelby dog is almost 10 months and finally getting some bulldog build back to her. She got leggy and head didn't grow with body. So looked rangy and skinny headed. As a pup she was built like a male bulldog. However now she is looking a typical APBT and assume as she gets older she will fill back out to that Male look she had at 8weeks.

Keep us posted, she is pretty unique with the size and all. Be sure to love her for her and not because some papers. Most dogmen dont care what build type or color if the dog is right it is right. :)

6. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

A lot of u people kill me with all this (paper this paper that) 100years ago there were called the bull and terrier with means the games bulldog was bree to the games terrier, to make what we have today I have yet toknow a breed that didnt hang papers from Colby all the way to Boudreaux. In less you were there for every breeding for the last 5 generations u dont know what u got. Hell T.G. could tell u he has a litter of pups up for sale for $1500 and it's line breed Frisco, the paperwork has chinaman and Frisco all over it. But u will never know what the fuck u have in less its DNA tested. If the temperament is right if the gameness is right if it fits the standard for the breed guess what! U got a pitbull.
    In less these folks including me on here are going to pay your vet bill, pay for your dog food, give u a ride to the dog show. Then who gives a shit what thay think. you are the one that needs to be happy with hat u have, if your dog has some JR in it hen guess what u just tapped back in to your ancestry.

7. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

You are correct.

8. tubrunwva

tubrunwva Big Dog

Pitrulez I know the owner says the mother is pure apbt, matter of fact she is bfkc registered. As to who the sire of the pups are I couldn't begin to tell you.

9. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

I've got dogs off TG and one hopes he gets what he is told. As you mentioned its all down to the dog and the way they act.

Now my Shelby, id bet a months wages she is off what her papers say. Which is real bulldogs.

10. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Huh.......?

11. baj88

baj88 Pup

Nice lookin dog!

12. Well Said !!!

13. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

One hell of a good looking dog G
    TY, Chi

14. tubrunwva

tubrunwva Big Dog

U asked were the dogs in the pics I posted full apbt. I can only relay what the owner of them says because I didn't breed them.

15. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Thanks mate.

16. malito

malito Pup

i have one that is 12 months old she is 22 pounds, 2x morgen's ch voodoo on the bottom side redboy/jocko on top side. hope she grows some more. YIS HSK