1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is my dog too small for its age?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Pitrulez, Jan 28, 2013.

?

Is it too small?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Although it's not the norm, I see no problem with its size.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. coach

coach Big Dog

Inbred does not equal "bad" or "negative" necessarily

2. coach

coach Big Dog

Maybe all the terrier came out and very little bulldog.I would take that bitch for sure just to see what happens.The beauty of bulldogs is there are many variations.

3. toom

toom Big Dog

No shit dick tracey...!

4. coach

coach Big Dog

5. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

Those are game dogs according to the op he said they are game bred yet their is no ped to back up anything he says.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

so what... ive owned several dogs i couldnt post a ped of, yet i knew exactly what they were.
    seems pretty easy to me, the op needs to talk to the guy who owned the dam/sire. if he trusts him, then that should be all that matters. not what any of us thinks

7. coach

coach Big Dog

yes sir to this...

8. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Have you ever owned a small game dog?

9. toom

toom Big Dog

You have 2 really small litter mates.It really smells fishy.The dam just over 30LBs is normal the sire at 40LBs is normal,,,both normal small.These pups sound scatter bred which would open the gene pool wide open the off spring would be normal size to even big like some of the colby and redboy dogs back in the ped.Your pups have thin slight short builds if there was a cross in there I'm thinking rat terrier ,, jack russell or maybe even chihuahua which that could be the answer cuz alot of folks own both in pet homes.If it were a patterdale they would have been thicker and more rugged looking.
    JMO,,,no biggy,,you'll have to keep us posted on your progress only time will tell.We could all be wrong as they end up 30-35lbs solid bulldog who knows.
    I've always searched for a well bred bulldog of my liking I've found some blood strains I tried but only got as far as a 30LB gyp 45LB stud.The trick is to find a small male there harder to find.

10. sega

sega Big Dog

Man both them dogs look like they have JRT in them look at the head shape n ears, not talkin abt just bat ears or half prick shit but the dogs look like JRT mixes

11. Sinjin

Sinjin Pup

In days well let us say decades ago the average female was 35-38lbs and the average male 40-45lbs. Up until a couple of years ago there were longtime breeders specializing in dogs under 35lbs. I Personally I believe the 35-40lb dog is the all around winner as a house pit.

12. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Hmmm.... any recent (traceable) JRT would be impossible because JRT (along with Patterdales and Chihuahuas) are extremely rare where I live. People fancy dogs like Rottweilers, Alsations, Rhodesian ridgebacks, Bully Breeds and various Curs (hound mixes) here.

13. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Also, can anyone post JRT/Apbt mixes, 'cause I've never seen one in person. Regarding JRT's, I've only ever seen one in person and that was when I was a kid.

14. toom

toom Big Dog

Do you have the ped or was it a back yard breeding?Alsation=german shepherd where are you the UK?Those types of little terriers can be found everywhere except maybe patterdales.Chihuahua's pretty much stay inside as well as mini rat terriers so you won't see them as much as someone who walks there big dog every day.
    Pitbulls are bull and terrier your dogs may have taken more of the terrier gene.I've seen tons of skinny pitbulls.

15. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Nah, I'm not from the Uk - just like saying Alsation. As for Chihuahuas and small terriers, they are rare. Most people who keep small yappy dogs usually keep toy poodles. I'm just saying this off of observed fact. The chances of my dog have any JRT ancestry is extremely low, as JRT are virtually non-existent where I live.

16. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

u must live in the galapagos by your description

17. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Lol, it's a tropical Archipelago, but by no means the Galapagos. I live in the Caribbean.

18. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

To those commenting about the terrier features my dogs might have - I personally don't see much terrier influence - you have to look into the history of Bull And TERRIER Dogs. The Classic Bulldog was crossed with the (now extinct) English White Terrier, and also the Black and tan terrier along with other terriers to create the dogs we have today. Many Apbt's ofcourse show more Bulldog features, but many others have more terrier features as well. That's the beauty of the breed.

Here's an English White Terrier:

http://retrieverman.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/little-white-dog2.jpg?w=500

Classical Bulldog:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Philip_Reinagle_-_Bulldog.jpg

You Cross these two at various degrees, and you get many varying results.

19. TerpGal

TerpGal Pup

My male is 14 mos and weighs about 35 lbs, but def no way over 40 lbs. His mom is 55 lbs, dad 68 lbs. Don't mind him being smaller, I can imagine what a holy terror he would be if bigger. I do wonder a little where the small size comes from. His littermate brother is almost twice his size. However sire has a littermate sister that at 3 years old is 30 lbs and an Ace of Ace WP champ.

20. Pitrulez

Pitrulez Pup

Cool. Anyone got pics of APBT's the resemble mine?