1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is my dog a Pit? Pics inside (+ my introduction)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Monty_, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ARAPBT

ARAPBT Pup

K-9 Heritage test is a joke. Thats right up there with the $1,000 dollar genetics test you can mail in and they can tell you where your ancestors from thousands of years ago came from. LOL

One lady sent hers in three times and got three different continents!

2. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Care to elaborate on the not so good of a bloodline part. I had one that could pass for a lab, but bred very nicely . Dont worry about the test its a waste of $$$$$$$$

3. ARAPBT

ARAPBT Pup

LOL, yeah JC I was wondering that myself but after I read it twice I realized there is no point in even commenting on such a dumb comment.

I love the logic here: So "nice" bloodlines produce nothing but "nice" dogs that all look, hmmm NICE! LOL

Yeah if it were only that easy.

Yeah I've seen a 100% Colby dog that looked like a cross between a retarded jack rabbit and Benji!

4. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Damn shure looks like a apbt from the pic's. Can't be for sure thow.

5. masta of game

masta of game Banned

6. ISUZU

ISUZU Big Dog

Great looking Dog tho.

7. 0ni

0ni Pup

well to tell you ARAPBT im in the middle of going to school for vet tech and as any true pit bull owner or as i said pit owner can tell you there are dogs that can look like pits that are not pits. for example my friend owns a lab,pit, mastiff that looks like a pit and if i did not tell any one what it was they would think it was a pit. you would be the the dumb a** that buy the dog thinking its a pit bull showing it off to all your little friends, breeding and what do you have a mutt.it's amazing to me how you fast you are to jump the gun i have seen tons of people breed mastiffs,bulldogs,great danes and dogo argentinos(which are not pit bulls) with pit bulls.im not sayin that mixes are bad. oh on the bloodline im talking about when people over inbreed dogs and when they mix for colors, and size with other breeds then try to hurry and mix that with another pit bull to breed out the mix. another thing they where asking what i thought the dog was and i anwser i didnt just come here and say hey nice dog it looks good to me great for you way to go. i gave my honest opinion trying to help not for a bunch of angry people to over react.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  8. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Would you not be equally as guilty of jumping the gun by calling the dog a poorly bred APBT ?

Food for thought.

The point being is that none of us know for sure nor does the OP seeing how they were asking for opinions. We all need to try hard to not bash someones dog, remember we are not the one feeding it so negative comments are not needed to answer a general question.

9. ARAPBT

ARAPBT Pup

Thanks for enlightening us with your knowledge ONI. I said the dog would be labeled by AC as a "pit" as you call it or a "pit bull". I never said it was an APBT.
    Pit as previously stated is a generic term that I have seen used to describe everything from a staffy bull to a dogue de bordeaux to every short haird mutt with a "big head" in propotion to the dog's body.

Not sure if the childish statement was for me but I can assure you I know what I have and don't need to base anything off of my cousin's friend's neighbor's lab mix like you do. I'm not sure what you going to vet tech school has to do with "pits" but good luck with that.

10. 0ni

0ni Pup

# one evidently the owner thought that this may be true or else they would not of asked. is everyone in at hissy over the bloodline thing if so im sorry dont get your panties in a bunch i was say what i thought over and out

11. ARAPBT

ARAPBT Pup

How about complete sentences in complete English next time. Thanks. Maybe you can brush up on that in tech school.

12. 0ni

0ni Pup

wow thats all you got cum harder next time

13. Monty_

Monty_ Pup

This is disgusting, why would you say that? Anyways I was hoping you would give reason for your opinion about the bloodline thing, but I guess thats not gonna happen.

Heres how it works

You make an observation
    You state your opinion
    then you give a reason for your opinion

From what I read in your previous post basically all you sed to back up your opinion was ''people breed pitbulls with other types of dogs, and still call them pitbulls'' which I already knew. I was hoping to hear your opinion on why you think she has a 'not so good bloodline'. Is it the way her head looks? Her eyes? Coat color? Maybe a distinct similarity with another dog breed which is often mistaken for a pitbull? Anything... see my point?

Also I don't get offended over things like this, just letting you know because I can see your the type that gets hot headed over a simple discussion.

14. cutt

cutt CH Dog

ONi first and foremost that cooment ablove...its homo...unless ur a female...

also I notice u own a pit and a pit husky mix. Are they related in any way...lol

15. clint

clint Pup

looks like a typical pit type to me.but in reality who cares as long as you love her and continue to treat her right you will have the best freind in the world

16. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

She is a beautiful dog :D. Like said before I can't say for sure w/ out a ped. But She looks like a Pit bull to me. .......

And just ignore all the dumb ass comments. you goin to hear a lot of them :). Expetialy if you from anywere like were I'm from. Most folks are stuck one those fat ass mutts that snore when they awake :D. The uneducated public has there ideas of what a "real pit Bull" is supposed to look like. and People will tell you it's something wrong wit your dog cuz she is not 80lbs or more :p. Or she is sick because there dog weighed that much when it was like 4mos :p. I have herd it all. As I don't have peds on either of my dogs......... Just "stick to ya gunnz" educate yourself and the few that want to be educated. and above all else LOVE YOUR DOG! Nothing else matters. Keep ya head up.

Vic

17. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

She looks like a quote "Pitbull" but could be anything. She's your dog, you feed her and take care of her and love her and that's really all that matters at the end of the day. She is a good looking dog, no matter what she is.

18. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Suki, I applaud you for the video that shows the horrible truth about pet over population. It's one that all should watch, though you may think at this point, you've seen it all.

19. 0ni

0ni Pup

my bad but was they or was they not asking everyone's opinion.i mean it looks like a great dog and i should not have said the blood line thing because people are touchy about that.yes i do have a husky mix pit nightmare and a pit bull ducci.no they are not family but because they are both my dogs i say there brothers anyway.as far as night i have had him since i was 13 and i would say he is the best dog. so it was wrong of me to say such things about the dog.oh and yes im a girl and it was not was nasty thing of me to say:o

20. yes, that is a pit

and a very beautiful one at that

take care of that beast!

and forget about the haters!