1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible ??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by killadev300, Aug 6, 2010.

1. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

Hey jsut for historical purposes and I guess conversation is it possible or has it ever happened that a dog curred out, stood the line or tried to jump the wall come back later on and win or achieve his championship. I know that the great dibo did not start until like three and I believe he was sold or given away branded a cur for that reason. Anway any answers you could give would be appreciated and this is just for historical and research purposes. Thanks again

2. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

its happened plenty of times, people do keep curs and speaking of curs the one in profile pic is one of the most famous curs of his time.

3. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Yep, many times... People tend to slap cur on a dog before it's started. There's a difference between a dog who hasn't started and a straight up cur.

4. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

That is the story of jeep and honeybunch both, lol, jeep wouldn't even be of mention he didn't get grabbed in the stifle during his #3 I believe and because he didn't make it over that wall, he became a great. Honeybunch wouldn't start for nothing till after 3 years of age, and was labeled as a cold dog. BTW, I love the jeep line but honesty with yourself is the best policy.

5. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Yes it is possible, and yes it has happened plenty of times.

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

after they lose one, b4 they make CH. doesnt that loss scratch every title?

if he wins one, loses his next, but goes on to win 4 more @ best he's a 5xw right? and not ch?

7. BOCKennels

BOCKennels Big Dog

Ch still, not a grch. U can lose 10 and win 3 and ur still a "champ", but a dog can't lose ANY to be a GrCh.

8. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I don't know where you heard that story about Jeep but it is BS. I am always amazed at the silly things people say about Jeep.

9. Only the Gr. Ch. title can be lost by losing a show.

10. benthere

Oh and as far as the original question goes....it is possible but highly unlikely. Contrary to what some are saying here, it rarely happens. Usually once they quit, they quit faster the next time.
    Starting late and quiting are two different things...but both are flaws.

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

If they get a next time...........;)

12. big dan

big dan Big Dog

Yes if started to young.Iread a story by FB where someone had one quit at a young age and fb obtained the dog,sat on him for a while and won a few with him after he had gotten older.As for as a mature dog if he is a cur he will always be a cur.

13. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Chinaman didnt start till he was 3 either

14. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
  15. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Guess who told me that? Crenshaw's fan club down here lol.

16. benthere

Go figure....lol. Gotta love the old man..he sure didn't like Crenshaw nor his dog as a result......but it still sounds like sour grapes to me. I don't think he ever told me the story quite like that.

17. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

18. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

the one in ur profile pic or mine..... Because if it is yours I did not know anyone considered andy capp a cur.

19. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

most people dont know that cooper's dog was an ass biter and that made his opponents jump to avoid getting bit on the ass. if you speak to cooper you will see that jeep was not trying to jump the wall. that story #1was simply written by a crenshaw hater and #2 the person or group were not present at the show just got details like the rest of us. most of the people that were there are still alive so its not hard to get the facts about jeep.
    the last time i spoke to crenshaw he said if jeep or any of his dogs ever tried to jump he would have picked them up and that would be the end of the story.

i still dont understand why people just dont go to the source but would rather read internet gossip.

now to the original question. yes it has happened but it wasnt because the dog curred out. you can lose a match and the dog is still game not every dog has the same skills so sometimes you just have to pick up a good one to save him for the next time. sometimes the best dogs are game losers.
    a cold dog is not a cur, when did people start to think cold dogs are curs?

20. lansford101

lansford101 Banned

have there been many dogs that were cold past 3 years and then turned it on or any dogs that were just cold peroid