1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is it because they are evil

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by misterdogman, Aug 16, 2006.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Why do cats have such power over dogs...Mysterious power...Evil power...Today I let Zoe out and I know Zoe will hit anything that moves but the neighbors cat was hanging around begging for food and Zoe ran up to it
    and when the cat puffed up and hissed Zoe actually took a double take...for a second...she grabbed it but when the cat started its crazy cat growling like a woman screaming and started scratching..... Zoe let go and stood there...the effen cat didnt run away either...it stood its ground...Zoe is small only like 28lbs full grown and the cat was at least a 10LBer....but it amazed me to see a dog that is proven hesitate at all...Bambam knows cats are one chomp dead fun toys but she actually thought about it...where does this freakin weird power come from...She never has seen a cat either in her life so I thought that might have something to do with it ...but I seen other cats fend off bigger dogs the same way...so im curious...anyone have any ideas...my idea is that cats are evil and dogs know it......and dogs are not evil so it makes them ememies...lol who knows but im interested in comments...I know a big cat like a Bobcat or linx can gut ANY game dog in seconds if it laid on its back and started scratching I seen that with my own eyes...so maybe its instinct or something from back eons age...ok lets get some good ideas up here...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I wonder the same thing sometimes with my dog and the cats. I have 2 cats, an adult female and a male kitten, well my dog loves the little kitten ever since i got it which boggles my mind because he doesn't like anything that he can chase. when i let him off the chain he quickly chases the adult cat up a tree but one day i guess she didn't see him coming and froze and puffed up, well don't u know he stopped like 1 foot away from her and looked at her like she was crazy, the whole time im running towards him to stop him from killing it. Well i don't know what happened but he just got confused and walked away from the cat, im thinking its because she didn't run from him that he wasn't interested u know like there was no prey drive there because she stood her ground.

3. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I would have to say because the dog is a cur and needs to be spayed/neutered and never bred because of this. You also said the dog was proven. If I were you, I would rethink what this means. If the dog grabbed and shook the cat and because the cat screamed and scratched it made the dog release, ... well that says it all.

J

4. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

you know mister it is weird, I had a male that would go at anything, except people, but he would just eye ball cats as if he were hypnotized, and he would try and act like he was trying to be gentle with kittens. My female wouldn't hesitate a bit, she would actually eat them after she killed them.

guess it depends on the dog........but you are right cats are evil!!!!

5. Attila

Attila Guest

I am sure the fact the cat has human scent on it because it is a pet will have a factor in it too. Or it could be that the evil little cats escaped from hell and wander the earth now. I would more think its is the dog using its brain and calculating the risk of fighting a cat. Most cats are easy prey for a dog. Some cats develop a Effe you attitude and that screws with a dogs mind. The only cat I have ever owned was a big grey cat from Malaysia named Bart. 28 pounds of pure don't Effe with me cat. Had a head on him like a bastard rat and some claws and teeth to match. He was the same size of his parents and littermates so I am thinking that this isn't your normal house mouse killer. Bart would kill other cats. My Wolfdog and the cat got into it a few times and it seemed to be a mutual, agreement that they would growl at eachother and step the Effe back. Regular house cats. I don't know. Never had one live long enough to ever have that effect. But I have seen such. I think it is a more of a shock and wtf than a cur. And the smell of humans on the cat. Confussion.

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

OK get your best dog and ill come down with a 35lb bob cat and we will see just how game your dog is...it has to be something genetic...think smart not ignorant.

7. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

We had dual custody of this cat back at our other house. He was a stray we took in. He could get away from the dogs in the house, and over time they showed little interest in chasing him. The cat was scared away by our little girl, and started spending time with our elderly neighbors. But the weird thing is, if the cat was in the house or yard, they could care less.....but if he was on the other side of the fence, they would jump and bark, literally foaming at the mouth they wanted him so bad. They even climbed the fence a couple times, thankfully they're never out unsupervised! Cats may be evil, but I think I need to get one cuz I have a mole problem, and some mice in the garage. The dogs want nothing to do with those critters, but they decimate dozens of toads each and every night in our yard, lol.

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

yeah this was a big tom that is all black and fighting all the time outside...I actually think he is a kitten of one of my two Siamese cats that were toms that I brought from Ames down here...he looks the same and my males soon went wild and never come back...so it wasnt no nice house cat...but it may be pet by someone....who knows...I think confusion from never seeing one and some kind of preserved wild instinct may contribute to it...

9. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Claws. I swear. It's those claws!

And I think they're so quick that they freak dogs out. LoL

10. cats are half in and half out meaning they are half good and half evil,thats is why i think they have the eyes of a serpent,lol.but seriously i never did get it either i have had a couple dogs over the years that were dynimos in the sport back in like 68 and 70 but they wouldnt touch a cat with a 10 foot pole they hated them and would usually walk they other way when they seen one,then i had dogs who were also good in the sport and were proven that would tear them apart so i think it depends on the individual dog more than the cat itself.

11. asaj

asaj Big Dog

I was going to type something real nasty, but the "good me" knocked out the "evil me", it was something about that when the cat screams like a woman! lol!
    I like cats, but none of my dogs do. Any cat that by mistake end up in my yard, is dead meat!
    I personally dont think they are evil, but they have some mystic flair around them. They are good company when I take a trip on my broom!

12. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Thats a good point...dogs are all individuals

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Just messin, just messin, I been a construction hand for a long time and cant seem to get it out of my blood, just try and overlook my 'moments' please.

As to the bobcat thing, We can do that on one condition. I'll use my brother as my handler and I get to sit on the sidelines with my rifle, and use it!

Cats are evil(ut oh, now the cat lovers will be on me instead of dogman, man, ...I guess it's another moment). Witches use them to be houses for familiar spirits. And then when they breed the demons are transferred into the babies. What you need to do is annoint your dog with some oil and then see if he'll do different. I personally never had one stop at the cat, but not many cats come around my place. I just dont like them. I am allergic to them, and that is fine with me.

J

14. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

My neighbour had several cats and they would climb the fence to eat leftovers. That was their biggest mistake. Over the course of 5 months I found four shredded cats in my yard. I guess that's why my dog died so mysteriously- poisoned by my neighbour I guess.

15. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Yeah i think it could be genetic. A cat is too much trouble for so little meat. One swat and the dogs eye is gone.

16. well their are 2 main reasons whay i dont like cats.

(1) i dont like something that shits in my house every single day and then i not only have to smell that every single day but i have to clean it up and consider that a house trained cat,at least with dogs they go outside where it doesnt bother me.

(2) if you have a infant and the cat smells milk on the babys breath it will jump up into the babys bed and sit on the babys chest and try and lick the milk out of the babys mouth and in turn this suffocates the infant,alot of folks way back used to think the cat was sucking the infants soul from it's body and thats why they were dying but they were just suffocating them by their own body weight.

and for those 2 reasons you will never see me owning a cat.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  17. semo

semo Top Dog

those cat claws and teeth can hurt quite a bit, , one of my moms yorkies LOVES cats, but is very paranoid about pissing it off.

18. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I never had an indoor cat. Now I haven't had a cat since I was like 12, but none of them ever did their business in the house, that's just nasty! I always had strays that we'd find living in the horse barn. One cat we had de-clawed cuz he just could not stop ripping up furniture......but that cat still climbed trees and killed all sorts of critters without them. Your second reason for hating cats is a good one, but I would add a third. Cats have toxoplasmosis (some kind of bacteria or virus) in their feces which can make a person with a compromised immune system very sick, even kill them, it can kill infants and the elderly, and cause an expectant mother to mis-carry or deliver a child with serious birth defects. Yikes!!!

19. exactley i knew they had something in their crap that made mothers lose their children but i didnt know the name so i didnt post it,lol.didnt know it could kill the elderly so you added another reason why i wont own a cat.but by doing their buisness in the house i meant a litter box not shitting on the floor,hell if it did that i would be tempted to unlimber my old 12 gauge and do some indoor huntin,lol.

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Tex, #1 made me fall out of my chair laughing!! I am in agreement with you.

As to the thing of having cats to kill mice cause the dog wont, I dont have that problem. All of my dogs will kill a mouse/rat/snake/ whatever in a heartbeat. So there is nothing that I need a cat for. A bulldog fits the bill on all accounts.
    J