1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is Eli the first pitbull blooline ever?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by FireBone, Oct 22, 2004.

1. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

My some one told me that Eli was the firs t pitbull bloodline ever.
    I always thougt it was Colby. If it's not was is the first bloodline

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004
  2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

No Eli was not the first bloodline,the first bloodlines came from overseas such as Ireland, so Colby was not THE first either.

BB

3. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

So what would be considered the first bloodline?

4. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Nice question, I wish I could answer it, I'll see what I can find.

5. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

I think the Corrington bloodline is one of the oldest

6. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

I looked and looked the other day for something similar... I was trying to find a picture/pictures of some original pits. I would love to see something like that.

7. pit stop

pit stop Pup

there is a gallery of pictures of dogs from yesteryear to be found at dawnrest. Plug Dawnrest pit bulls into any search engine and check it out.

Pit Stop

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004
  8. swosprey

swosprey Pup

The old dogmen didn't let people in on their breedings, plus no one knows for sure when the
    breed was developed. A lot of books out there propose theories, no one knows for sure.
    Dieter Flag's books have some good technical info as well as Carl Semenic's and Richard Stratton.
    The only thing that people can go by is historical paintings and engravings. George Armitage "30 years
    with fighting dogs" is a good resource for early bloodlines in this country.

9. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

I think that the colby bloodline is the oldest north american line though, since it was created from the dogs from ireland.its pretty hard to trace back farther than when the dogs got to north america.

10. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

Thanks for the information.

11. who

who Top Dog

well I agree the lines of the "PITBULL" have been gone through the history of time...people try to say that the matsiffs were used as battle dogs and that I BELIEVE isnt true...they try and say that the english bulldog was used in bull baiting thats not true either....the "PITBULL" is the ONE breed behind all these fabricated story's of history do your own research and come to YOUR DECISION

and the ELI dogs are not the first line however told you that is a wannabe and dont know what their talking about the "ELI" dogs came from the DIBO dogs and DIBO came from tudor's yard and the lines used to make DIBO were "HENRY" and FEELEY ,......Feeley dogs go back to the 1800's so thats pretty old in itself

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  12. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

The Old Family dogs were among the first to come to North America also via Irish immigrants

13. who

who Top Dog

the Feeley line ALOT were from ENGLAND around this time ....YES some were imported from IRELAND but the IRISH got thier dogs from the ENGLISH..back in the 1840's.....so they came from the same place but "DIBO" or FEELEY were from england thus "ELI" came from them as well...(in a way i guess)

14. mutt

mutt Pup

i would say the very first blood line of the pitbull was called bull and terrier....lol back in europe when they crossed the bulldog with the now extinct white terrier thats as far back as it gets.....lol

15. mutt

mutt Pup

old english whites i think...lol sumthin like that

16. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

The dog that we now recognize as the APBT was originally bred in the British Isles early 1800's to 'bait' bulls.

17. xolotlknl

xolotlknl Pup

the first bloodline was the old family line which where dogs from ireland
    like corvino, feenly, so on.
    the other was the dogs that came from england
    like tudor, harry clark, and so on.