1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is BSL putting more dogs in the hands of dogfighters?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ABK, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I asked myself this question today after I read that an Alabama man was sentenced to 102 years (yes, 102 years!) for allegedly fighting his dogs.

Because of sentences like this, some legit fanciers who do NOT fight dogs but have scarred up dogs from accidents, hunting etc. will sell their dogs. After all, it is too easy to have the law get called on you & who wants to go to jail for life for something the law ALLEGES you did?

But back to the point - the dogs get sold often to sporting fanciers, either knowingly or unknowingly, thereby increasing the number of dogs in the hands of the underground dogfighters.

So do the BSL ppl realize this? Do they know that their efforts are only making things WORSE?

When will they ever learn ... [​IMG]

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

You are right. It still amazes me that you could get less time for killing a human being.[​IMG]

3. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

I have always thought BSL does nothing but bad. If one person can name one good reason for BSL that I can't find two more bad, I.... I don't know what I will do. I think the animal welfare act is the reason that APBTs are in the situation they are in right now, honestly. Now you have more underground illegal activities that thugs are drawn to. Now you have john boy hidden way way back in the woods refusing to register his dogs for fear of being tracked down, all because the breed of dog he owns is illegal in his area. Now you see BYBs capitolizing on poorly bred dogs because of "killer pitbull" myths that started after dogfighting was exploited, and it will only get worse.

I see a dog's bill of rights coming up, much like India has for cows.:(

4. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

I read this some where:

When the American Pit Bull Terrier gets Outlawed.
    Only the Outlaws will own the American Pit Bull Terrier.

5. Suki

Suki Guest

My feeling about BSL (Ban Stupid Liberals) is that enacting/enforcing it is:

another means for Big Brother to simply "step in" and have control over another one of our rights
    a knee jerk reaction to "solve" cough cough another problem:
    a quick fix that disguises the REAL issue=stupid, irresponsible OWNERS should be the ones "banned" and not the other way around....
    it will NEVER work nor solve the reason dogs become "dangerous". never...

what BSL SHOULD look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]