1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is Blue Buffalo a good reputable company?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by TysonRebelHill, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Blue Wilderness is a very good food. My boyfriend fed it to one of his dogs when he was working her for weight pull one year.... she looked fantastic and wound up winning APA Nationals.

I myself was feeding Taste of the Wild and Diamond Extreme Athlete (which I loved) when all the recalls came out. I switched to Earthborn Holistic Primitive Naturals, which is about the same price as TOTW and grain free, good quality ingredients for the cost. My dogs that are on it have done well on it.

As far as Nutro products go, they had a bad recall several years ago, lots of dogs died. I used to feed it at one time, but it never really got my dogs looking very good. I'm not a fan personally.

I've used EVO before too. My mastiff and pit mix looked great on the Herring formula, but the cost was eating me alive. I later tried it on my APBT, the chicken formula. he did horrible on it.

Unfortunately, the best consistency I've had with a food was Diamond Extreme Athlete. But I just don't want to feed it anymore. My boyfriend still uses it for all the dogs that stay with him and they look and work great. So I dunno.

RAW is usually best, but not everyone can do it

2. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

The salmonella & shit that makes Diamond recall it's food is actually found on the processing equipment (or so I'm told). I've never had a problem with ToTW and won't stop feeding it, personally.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Well guess what bud,, totw is diamond! Lol

Im with el jay, diamond products r the shit!

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Did someone say diamond? That food is the great. Naturals chicken n rice high quality feed for low quality prices
    I am with El Jay n LWG

5. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

I know :P That is why ToTW has so many recalls. I said I never had a problem (despite recalls) with my pets getting sick, so I won't stop using it.

6. Wesley R.

Wesley R. Banned

Blue Buffalo gave my dog diarrhea. Switched him to Nutro Natural Choice, never had any problems after that.