1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Iron Bowl game of year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ben brockton, Nov 30, 2013.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That should be entertaining BB.And hey they just knocked off the champs so Auburn fans got a right to talk shit.If bama won id be talkin shit lol.And BB Howard S..learned from the master..Coach Paul Bear Bryant who 6 national titles at Alabama.No other coach has ever won 6 in college football.Bear was the first coach to recruit black kids in the SEC.He was such a respected man that after he started doing it,other teams in the SEC followed suit.He was the type of man that could relate with anyone rich,poor,black or white..After the second or third year of recruiting black kids,A reporter ask him how many black kids u got now? he said none..Reporter said hmmm well how many white kids you got now? he said none...He then replied I got football players..But Howards ability to come to Miami and relate to the kids in that area,I feel strongly he learned that from Bear Bryant.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I going to buy juction boys book. They said everyone that stay was forever changed as a man. Them boys was game tested.

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

The only ring Bear ever wore BB was from that team...All the rings he got at Bama he never wore one.

4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Florida State has incredible speed across the board. The problem with comparing speed is that most look at the wide outs and the corners and then the backers. Florida States defensive line will run circles around the O-line at OSU. Team speed will negate the offense at OSU and the OSU defense can't keep up across the board. OSU will lose to any of the top five/six teams. Their best shot has to be down around Ok. State or Stanford.

I am a huge Meyer fan. Although he did finish undefeated the last two years these teams are not as good as an undefeated record indicates. He only has one year of his own players. Those Florida kids. And while at Florida he could swipe those kids out of Texas as well. Next year I think OSU will be the odds on favorite to win the national championship. They will be bigger and faster up front as the Meyer recruits gather. With that said, they will still have a weak schedule. Next year with that team speed and athleticism more so across the board they should dominate teams to a great record, much like FSU has done this year. They have not really played anyone but there has not been anything in question mid way of the 2nd quarter.

I watched the 30/30 Roll Tide/War Eagle show again yesterday. It is hilarious at the things they say. I can only imagine what gets left off the air. S

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slim i cant remember how it went down..But thier was actually a fist fight that broke out during the filming of that program..Alabama and Auburn fan of course..But they didnt put that in the film I dont think.But it dam sure happened lol.

6. slim12

I do not think Urban Meyer is the best coach, nor do I think Saban is the best coach. The two best recruiters in America, maybe. Look at what Saban built at LSU. He left enough for Les to win, and Les has three run plays and one screen pass in the entire playbook. When those Saban kids passed thru Miles has 8-3 and 9-2 legacy written all over him. Florida looked good the year after Meyer but faded fast afterwards.

College football is much more about recruiting than coaching. When I can have my top 11, and then 6-8 on both O and on D that would be the top 6-8 on any other team in America, that can't be beat. Alabama has been the best team in America for the last five years because of that. I understand they have lost a game or so here and there but none of the teams they lost to could beat them 2 out of 3.

I don't think Saban is all that good of a 'coach'. They lost to South Carolina. They give the ball to Ingram and leads them down the field for two scores to get in the game and then they throw the ball the entire second half. Against A&M they ran the ball very well, but chose to pass which stopped the clock and gave multiple possessions to Manziel & Evans. Plain dumb. They lost to Auburn by throwing the ball mid way thru the second half. Even if they ran the ball three and out there is no time for Auburn to make their last two scores. Saban has to be responsible for horrible play calling in each of the seasons he did not win the title.

The years they won they just out recruited, had more players, and bowled over people. I could coach those type teams. S

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slim I would agree but he did win with Mike Shula recruits to lol.

8. slim12

In that pro style pounding offense you see O-lineman down field making blocks not only on linebackers but on corners and safeties. Fla. State, Alabama, Auburn, Mizzou have defensive lineman going across the field hash to hash making plays. OSU does not. Mich. State does not. Wisconsin does not. OSU will next year and the year after. Everybody has fast corners and fast receivers. That speed negates each other. When my linemen can run down your back or my O-line can get down field and prevent pursuit...that is speed.

9. slim12

Saban has four rings. One with LSU and three with Alabama.

10. slim12

Part of my point. Mike Shula was a heck of a recruiter as well. And I agree Saban inherited a really talented team. From that point on he has out recruited every team in America. Granted some blue chippers go elsewhere, but Alabama always gets the kid that fits into the spot they need next year. There is no let off. Numbers leave every year and go pro but the next guy up is of the same caliber and two more coming behind him.

That is a year to year comparison. Now imagine when your #1 guy has to battle three or four throughout the game and those 3 or 4 would be the #1 on your squad.

11. slim12

great topic. I can almost hear that alarm clock in the morning right now. will check back tomorrow. later. enjoyed it. S

12. I agree with Slim on Saban.....A lot of ppl disagree but I feel he out recruits and out talents his opponents. In close games where x's and o's and strategic coaching comes into play he has come up short numerous times. When you have the best players 1-11 top to bottom on both sides of the ball you are supposed to win, and more often than not you are going to.

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Well he has 4 titles .So i dont know how short he has come.LSU is in the top 5 recruiting every yea also.And if I am not mistaken 4 SEC teams were in the top 10 recruiting this year.If your in the top 10 your getting elite talent.Its up to the coach to develope it.So srguement dont make sence to me.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

There are certan schools that get recruit of GP. Saban didnt do much at mich st only one good season. Lsu put him on the map.

Myer won at utah or whatever six season in sec with saban same bcs ch 2. If he win this year thats a ch team in two major conferences. thats without having Cam newton on the team. Aubern ch thanks to cam fucking up.

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Bama saban been coaching longer so you can only take the time they play in ncaa.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Mike Shula was a horrible recruiter.The whole time at Bama I think he only got 1 espn top 150 recruits.He was aweful..With that being said Bear Bryant didnt go after the elite talent.He wanted kids that would never quit working and wouldnt quit in a game.He was talking bout a QB of his one time.He said he cant throw,he cant catch,he cant run.All he does is beat you.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Bear knew somethin about gameness in men.And thats the ones he put on the field.

18. slim12

Two types of recruiting...The elite/ESPN Top whatever and then being able to get the player that you want that fits into what you are doing. I think that is where Saban out recruits all. That is his separation. Not only does he gets the better share of the Top whatever recruits but he gets that perfect player that fits into what he is doing two years from now, maybe even three. There is no longer 'practice hard, develop and be ready to play as a junior/senior'. The blue chippers of today are looking to be impact Freshman/automatic starters coming in. Saban finds a way to get these kids to come knowing there is two people in front of him. That is a hard sell in todays world. He recruits kids that ill fit what he is doing.

Other Top 5 classes land the blue chippers that do not fit, and then most be molded into what the program is doing. Others nails down the two of the top two receivers in the country, true 4.3/4.4 guys, great hands, great route runners, with blocking as their weakness and then runs the ball 35-40 times a game and their abilities are no more utilized than a threat. Same with getting a 325 guard who can block his ass off but can't run (team speed) and then ask him to pull/screen and block down the field. Not his forte. Still a Top whatever class but not the perfect fit. I think Saban picks the kids that fit and then gets 90% or so of them.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slim...Mike Shula wasnt a good head coach at all.When Saban took over that shitty program that Shula left alot of them boys quit because they couldnt take pressure.But now I will give Shula credit as being a good QB coach .Thats what he is now in the NFL..Shit i think he may be Cam Newtons QB coach this year if im not mistaken.But make no mistake Alabama was not in good shape as a program when Saban took over.And Michigan State was even worse.People point to his record at Mich St but all seem to fail to realize how bad they was when he was handed the keys to the car.This man knows how to coach.He understands these kids and how to get a 100 percent out of them.LSU wasnt a very good program bfore he got there either.They just wasnt.But the thing with LSU is that state has a abundance of talent and no other program in that state to compete with over recruits.Now what most dont reaize if not for Nick Saban being at Bama ,Les Myles would have at least 2 more rings.Bama is the only thing that has stopped them.

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Jimmi johnson was the best all around imo. he was like a lawyer a prison warden and coach that won ch.