1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Irish jerry and lightner dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by rockysteel, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Does anyone know of these lines

2. Aurora

Aurora Pup

Irish Jerry is an ADBA judge and breeder .

Lightner's red nose dogs were preserved thru Hemphill , McCoy and Wallace blood . The Lightner black nose dogs were smaller , Those dogs were not preserved as a line to my knowledge . On the history page on my site there are two articles on the Old Family Red Nose dogs of the Lightner strain . Hope this helps
    http://www.freewebs.com/sgtstorm/

3. The reason i ask is i have a relative in indiana thats has raised pits from the 50s and i was given two dogs that are of these lines , both are black nose and small around 35 pounds and im not really up on lines that old, i was told that the dogs lines came from ireland in the early 1900s ,thats about all i know about them, Thanks for the onfo anyway.

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Those lines are pretty old, Im sure 100 years ago they might of came from that but theres (as far as I know) not many of those dogs left out there, do you have a ped you could show us, then we would be able to help you out and let you know what a more accurate name for the bloodlines would be....seeing as how most lightner stuff is as mentioned the basis of other lines and crossed so much that it can hardly be called lightner dogs.....Good luck with the dogs though..

5. Marty

Marty Guest

Yep your right, hes been in the dogs a min, and is a very close freind of mine, And has been my mentor for 18yrs+!!
    He has had a few good dogs ;)
    Why do you think I have jeep/redboy dogs lmao

6. Aurora

Aurora Pup

He's had a few Marty [​IMG]

7. No i dont have a ped on the dogs and i cant ever recall a ped on any of the dogs its all word of mouth , one thing i do know for sure is that the dogs have been bred by a reletive of mine for over 50 years that i know of , my grand dad had these dogs before i was born, i was just wondering if anyothers were around , thanks for the info

8. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I wouldnt really worry about peds then if you trust the relative you got them from, if they have bred the same family of dogs for 50 years than maybe you do have some almost pure Lightner dogs that has been kept secret, I wouldn't worry about it too much though, if the dogs have been good enough to keep around this long they must be good ones regardless of how they are bred. Good luck with them.