1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Introductions and a question.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Whompy, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Whompy

Whompy Pup

Hello. This is my first post, though, I have been lurking and reading.

Here are my pups. Jack and Jill (yeah, yeah...I know...Blame my wife)

Jack is the red in the foreground, Jill, the white Colby in the back.

My question is, while I know the pedigree of Jill, I was wondering what, if any, notions any of you could provide for Jack. He is a rescure that has, amazingly, surpassed all of my expectations of what a shelter dog could yield. Of all the dogs I have kept, he has been the most trainable off the bat, furthermore, heretofore (to me) an unbelievable amount of drive, be it for a ball, or any other activity I wish him to take part in. (You may PM me for specifics)

Anyway, I'm curious to see what ya'll think and I'm glad to (finally) contribute to this community.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Attila

Attila Guest

Unfortunatly there isn't much of a way to tell about a dog by its looks. I say you got a gem and keep him and love that dog till he moves on. They are always a blessing papered, pedigreed or not. I like to keep track of pedigrees but some times you have to start with dog Juan doe and dog Jaunita doe.

3. Whompy

Whompy Pup

Indeed, I am aware that there could be no definitive judgement regarding his bloodline or breeding; my question was only to provoke speculation.

Given that there are quite a few accomplished and experienced dog-men (and women) amongst these boards, I’d simply be inclined to hear an opinion or two.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  4. Attila

Attila Guest

Ok. Sounds good. There are so many lines that have that color in them it will be hard for one to guess. I can't even speculate its blood or even if it is totally pure.

5. Whompy

Whompy Pup

Well. My first guess was that he was one of Bert Sorrells, as he's somewhat lanky. Another notion was that with the number of Jeep descendents out in the world that I could possibly see a touch of him in there. (At least, everyone keeps asking me if he has Jeep in his blood). As far as I'm concerned he could be an OE Mastiff X Chihuaha...regardless, I understand it's a moot point...

Hell, for the $35.00 it cost for the adoption fee, I'm not inclined to question my good fortune, only that it is, and that I am happy with him....but, as is my inclination to do, sitting around a warm computer in the eve, speculate the hows and whys. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  6. Attila

Attila Guest

That woud be funny if you told every one that he was a Chihuaha mix. lol That would be an opener to get people to like your dog. Be like do what? lol

7. Whompy

Whompy Pup

Anyway, in the spirit of this thread, here is the final piture of J&J

(BTW, Jill is 8 Months old 47lbs, Jack 1.5 - 2 Yrs 58lbs, give or take)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Attila

Attila Guest

Jill is a good looking dog that is for sure I like the Black spots ober the eyes.

9. Whompy

Whompy Pup

Some better shots of JIll:

Attached Files:

10. Attila

Attila Guest

I like her she is a pretty dog. and looks fery loving so does Jack. you got a cute kid too. Looks like Jill likes your daughter.

Wilhiem

11. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

You have some good lookin dogs! I love Jill's patches around her eyes! Welcome and enjoy your time here! :D

12. Whompy

Whompy Pup

[​IMG]

No kids yet, that'd be my lovely wife.

13. both very good looking dogs my friend,like attilla said without papers it is impossiable to tell what bloodline the dog came from.but judging by the looks of him i would say he is mostly pit but not all pit i would say 90% APBT.but them main thing with your dog is you got yourself a fine animal that you like and get along with real good,from the sound of things that dog is like kin to you and that my friend is hard to find,you maybe only get one or 2 dogs in a lifetime that you feel like they are kin to you.so love him,take good care of him and enjoy your happy life together,[​IMG]