1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HazelRose, Aug 11, 2010.

1. HazelRose

HazelRose Pup

I am new to the breed, and I am very interested in learning all that I can about them. I learned of this website through my boyfriend, who happens to have a few game dogs. Now he has educated me a hell of a lot! But I am a sponge I love learning about them. And my interest has always been there and has only been sparked by him. I have already learned a few things within these few days that I have signed up. I have read about certain bloodlines, and I know that they can be extensive depending on how far that they go back. Being that bloodlines may be the reason why someone may chose a dog, but what if that dog doesn't live up to its lineage? What are other specifics that should be looked at but are often overlooked because they may seem insignificant?

2. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I feel that age and nature are the biggest things over looked. Some people really don't have the patience to let their dogs grow and mature. Many people are to eager to see something and easily ruin a potentially good dog. So I feel age and nature are over looked alot with this breed. JMO

3. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

If a dog doesn't live up to it's lineage, then It's up to the owner to cull the dog. There are so many good dogs out there to be wasting time and money on a undesireable dog.;)

4. HazelRose

HazelRose Pup

thx for the reply ;)