1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing pup to raw food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by seanyt21, Nov 3, 2013.

1. freeze for 3 days , if the dog leaves it throw it out , i feed whole rabbits and whole sheep heads amongst other stuff and nothing gets left ,

2. just to add, make sure to keep your dogs wormed regularly when feeding raw

3. munchies

munchies Pup

thank you very much. i will make sure they are wormed regularly. now i know where my variation of meat can come from since we have wild hog and wild rabbits to hunt close by

4. trjfatt

trjfatt Pup

I've been feeding raw chicken backs to my dogs for years,eggs added a few times a week,also chicken livers. It's what nature intended. Bulldogs are rugged creatures;going to the vet is a rare,if ever!

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

When I got Pancho he was on raw. I wanted to keep him on it but have never fed a full raw diet. Recently I've been trying to find out and compare what the feed bill would loook like if I made the switch. Currently I feed 8 2 grown, 6 6mo old pups. My ? is how much feed for hounds this size daily. I'm set on ingredients just need portion amounts. Any info would be helpful.

6. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

Check this Mudville. Should help you out.
    http://www.raw4dogs.com/calculate.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

First off thanks Sabong1, 1 step closer to what I'm looking for. Now I have one ?, this is the total weight @ the time of the feed? all ingredients included. Like I said I know pretty much what you can feed for raw, just not how much per serving. Helps a lot though. Also is it best to slowly transition or can it be done cold turkey.

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

you got that from facebook sabong..lol

cold turkey is best... no need to feed kible with raaw (you CAN, but no need)

im feeding my 55 2lbs a day

start off with a similiar routine....see how they shape, then adjust accordingly....

send me a text and ill let you in on a local gem for raw feeders.......

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

you should keep your dogs wormed regularly anyways...feeding raw doesnt make the difference....

10. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Somehow I missed this post. I'll holler @ you later, Had something come up and need to see something you showed me. LOL IT'Z ALL GOOD!

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Wish I could join lol

12. Hey everyone a good added thing along with raw is bully max really boosts everythin I usually give my dogs chicken quarters and then victor ultra pro it has 42% protein this has been a crazy combo and effective diet for my pups and adults

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. bushwick

bushwick Big Dog

14. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Bully Max is not recommended around these parts. We don't like dogs that look like hippos. Plus 42% protein is considered WAY too much by most who know better.

15. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Good advice treez

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

16. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

yeah buddy we dont fuck wit or support bully max they will never see a dime of my fuckin money!!