1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing our new rescue....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by apbtluver, Aug 8, 2006.

1. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Skeeter....

2. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Aww, how cute! How old is Skeeter?

3. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

We believe he is six weeks. He just opened his eyes today. He was running around lost and whining in a parking lot and I saw one of his siblings had already been hit by a car so of course I had to take him home. He is just so sweet.

4. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Well, that is very sweet of you! You will have to keep us posted on his progress.

5. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

it just sucks when u can't turn the other way dosen't it? good for u,,you will cry when u have to turn him loose

6. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

Supper????? Yummy

The Watcher likes this.
  7. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

What a lil' guy. Good thing you came along, you good hearted soul you!

8. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Good luck. When I was a little kid my Grandpa tamed a family of Squirrels at our house to the point where they would eat out of your hand and you could pet them.

9. CB

CB CH Dog

Damn it didnt your momma ever tell you not to touch animal's like that they will give you rabbies.

10. saved wildlife since i was a kid... most i could catch then was dead but eventually i started bringing home live hurt animals for mom to teach me how to make them well.. been at it a long long long time.... good luck .. they learn more than you can imagine

11. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

How is the cute little rat with the furry tail dog torturing cutie doing? Is he still making it?

12. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Thanks, shall do.

Thanks.

Yes it does. LOL, but it is worth it. We have about 10 weeks they said before he can go on his own. We will continue though at that time to leave food out for him as his survival skills may take awhile to kick in.

Yuck, that is a little too country for me. ;)

He is tiny isn't he. Thanks!!

That is awesome. I love wildlife!

LOL, at his young age (roughly six weeks) if he had rabies it would have killed him by now. His immune system couldn't take it.

It is learning process but it is neat to watch them grow. I'm learning more and more just as he is. Now with his eyes open he is trying to explore everything. LOL.

LOL, he is doing great. So far so good. He is starting to let us know when he is hungry and he sleeps almost all the time. I wouldn't have thought they are as friendly as they are but he is just great so far.

I'll post more pics later in the week. With him just opening his eyes I don't want the flash to scare him.

13. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Squirrels can be big fun...I had a rescue squirrel we dubbed Riki Tiki Tavi. He was a hoot.

14. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

LOL! I was trying to associate all the adjectives in context, and at first all I got was:
    "How is the whoodie whata whata with the furry tail dog whodoing whatie doing?"

I don't know why your post gave me the giggles-maybe I needed them...
    thank you!:o

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  15. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

Originally Posted by ghost 1
    Supper????? Yummy
    Yuck, that is a little too country for me. ;)

what's wrong with alittle squrrel stew,,,,,lmao,,, god gave them to us for feed...to eat,,, just not enough at one sittin,,,,lol,,,so i moved on till i found cow,,,,the grocery store i've found they have alot of it,,,,boy it was sure hard trying to drag those suckers home before i learned about the grocery store,,,,LMAO<<LMAO

16. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Squirrels make good pets...they are like kittens all theyre life...and about as smart as a cat too it seems but i dont really respect cats too much...lol......I hope you make him a pet they are easy to take care of...as a rule of thumb they can eat anything you can and be healthy...theyre pretty easy to maintain...

17. Attila

Attila Guest

I like em with dumplings and fried.

18. NC

NC CH Dog

Beer Soaked and breaded.. then fried up.. Now thats good eatin'.. But then again I've been known to eat alittle possum now and then.. been a while since the last time when my grandfather was still alive he cooked a good possum.

Skeeter the squirrel? Anyone else feel the urge to sing the classic childhood song "There's a skeet on my peter"?

[​IMG]

19. We had one from a baby onece. To this day he still comes up to the poarch and eats out of your hand. He started to get wild and had to let him go.

20. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Too cute, I love that name!!!

LOL, I did a double take on that too.

EWWW!!!! I'll take a nice steak though. LOL.

Not too much of a cat fan but we rescued a kitten last week. Poor little thing must have crawled into the engine of our truck and when we arrived at work we heard it. Spent almost all morning taking apart the truck to get the little girl out of there. She was no bigger than my hand. She's doing great now.

Aww. I'm sure he'll get wild but that is ok as long as he can make it on his own.