1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for the gamedog members, if you care to participate.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by mccoypitbulls, Jul 12, 2014.

1. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

come on folks - hope more can find time to answer. I have asked a few folks - we will see...

2. Granite Co.

Granite Co. Big Dog

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain
    Both.. The internet is a great tool to meet new dogmen from all over the world, yet at the same time it is also a tool for "big brother" to gain information that used to be kept under lock and key..

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bullies?
    I couldn't care less..

What can be done to stop the Bully and the confusion it causes our breed?
    Again, I couldn't care less about "stopping" the bully, nor the confusion.. 99% of the time when I'm out walking a bulldog I get "what's he mixed with, or what kind of dog is that?", and that's the way I like it, as I always reply "I don't know, or a mixed breed mutt", lol..

Which registry do you feel has our breeds best interest in mind?
    None of them..

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?
    Nope.. Comformation shows "should" be a place for dogmen to meet and interact while showing the breed in a "positive" light..

How do you feel about the ADBA?
    Sellouts !!

How do you feel about the EBA?
    I guess they are a good organization.. I'm not really to familiar with them though..

Which registry do you use ornlikenthe best?
    None..

What is your favorite line/strain/family of the APBT?
    Chinaman crosses bred down from Mojo Rising & Young Chinaboy..

What cross do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?
    Probably the Jeep/Redboy/Jocko and it's various crosses..

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?
    The one that uses what he breeds, and doesn't sell to any joe schmoe with a fistful of cash..

Who was your favorite dog of the past and why?
    There are NUMEROUS dogs from the past that I admire.. I guess my favorites are the one's that showed and won against multiple dogs with titles..

Who is your favorite dog of today?
    Again, as with the dogs of the past, the ones that are winning against credible opponents preferably with titles behind their names..

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?
    Probably Carver..

Why do you feel the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?
    When the streets became intertwined with the dogs, the game went downhill FAST.. Your only as good as the company you keep, and unfortunately the majority of the people involved with these dogs are nothing but scum that have absolutely no interest in anything but the all mighty dollar.. The dogs became just another hustle.. When the crazy felony laws came out, most of the "good guys" either slowed down to a snails pace, or got out completely..

3. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thank you Granite City .. Great answers. Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

4. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

hint - if you take a while to type, you may want to highlight and copy what you type from time to time incase you have an accidental delete thing happen like me - it helps me from time to time

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

LOL.....now you tell me.

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Very good post, Gran. Poignant. Lots of hard truth.

7. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Awesome thread, thanks to everyone who's answered so far.

I'm in no way qualified to answer the entire interview, but I'll say one thing: It seems that the vast majority of people (present company excluded, of course) that are involved with these dogs either have no common sense, and make things way more difficult than they need be, or are actually trying to become "famous" for something that should be kept private. The first category of people could really use the help of the internet, and the second category needs to completely unplug from it. I've said this before on here, but I once heard someone say that you should pretend you've got a bunch of bodies buried in your yard. People get crazy on the internet.

8. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Well here goes, I don't feel qualified or see myself as an expert but I will share what little I can according to my somewhat limited and isolated experiences.

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain
    Definitely both. The internet is a powerful tool which allows access to a wealth of information and data. The potential for using this resource as a learning aid cannot be underestimated. Also I would like to point out the ease of which it not only allows information to be shared, but the convenient method of inter continental communication it can provide. Like all tools however it can be exploited and misused. Such a powerful tool when used for the wrong reasons can be a very dangerous weapon, this thought genuinely brings fear to me especially when used by people who do not understand these dogs and wish the extinction of the true apbt. I would advise people to exercise some degree caution when sharing information online, in much the same way as you would in person.

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bullies?
    I know a few folks who are into these dogs, some of the dogs are good and some of them are not. I have a passion and admiration for working dogs, not show dogs that cannot work or these structurally deformed "exotics". The ones I have liked are those that had an athletic structure and the drive to work as either catch dogs or guard dogs/personal protection dogs. Like every breed there are good examples and bad examples. Overall I would say the breed is not particularly dear to me, but to each their own; I would not deny or attempt to deny anybody who's passion in life is the American Bully, but I will say that generally mass production is a major factor in the ruination of a breed and they are being over bred and poorly bred.

What can be done to stop the Bully and the confusion it causes our breed?
    Well the answer is obvious education, but not everyone is willing to learn unfortunately. Another question that one should consider asking themselves inwardly is that is it good or bad thing that the American Bully is often mistakenly thought of as the apbt? I think the answer to that depends on the situation.

Which registry do you feel has our breeds best interest in mind?
    I am truly clueless when it comes to this subject, but I will speculate based on what little knowledge I have. Once upon a time I would've said the ADBA, but now if I had to guess... maybe SDR? In my opinion the safer bet would be none of them in all honesty.

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?
    The apbt is a working dog breed first and foremost, therefore conformation alone cannot keep the breed true. It is the inner qualities of the apbt that separates this breed from all others. I do believe conformation shows have their place however and can offer an opportunity to meet some potentially life long friends with shared interests as well as show off the breed in a positive way. My particular interests are for the shows that have events where people are able to show off the athletic abilities of their dogs.

How do you feel about the ADBA?
    To be honest I'm not sure. I wouldn't register unless you wish to show your dog and if that's all you want to do then you may as well have an ast.

How do you feel about the EBA?
    I am not familiar with the organisation, however if they are against draconian BSL (Bull Shit Law) then I have a shared interest with them.

Which registry do you use or like the best?
    I do not use any at the moment. I was at one point considering SDR but I need to know more before I commit.

What is your favorite line/strain/family of the APBT?
    Of course this is just my personal opinion based on my limited experiences, but I like many different ones. Variety is the spice of life! I liked the old Reid dogs bred off the Skipper and Black Beauty breeding. The old Limey stuff and even OFRN stuff. Scar stuff and dogs down from Ch. Cur Stopper. The best I've ever seen was Chinaman bred stuff.

What cross do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?
    Hard to say. Redboy/Jeep, Redboy/Jocko, Eli, Jr./ Bullyson or Chinaman/Eli.

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?
    Again, perspective based as nobody knows everyone, let alone the inner workings of a person's mind. Tant and Byfield come to mind for me. Based on what I know of him from his posts I'd say TDK as well. Granite Co. answered perfectly in my view "The one that uses what he breeds, and doesn't sell to any joe schmoe with a fistful of cash.."

Who was your favorite dog of the past and why?
    There are too many great dogs to choose from. I have an extreme personal fondness for dogs that show without question exactly what they are made of like Drexal.

Who is your favorite dog of today?
    He is likely not the best in the world or anything, but my favorite dog right now is right here on my yard. He is a solid young bulldog weighing in at 45lbs conditioned. I am as committed to him as he is to the tasks set before him.

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?
    There are a few potentials to select but in my opinion J.P. Colby.

Why do you feel the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?
    What we call civilization and the modern day society that has spawned from it. To go into more depth, far too many restrictions on personal freedoms that even more shockingly the vast majority of people i.e. sheep seem to willingly accept and encourage! Overbearing control obsessed government's. AR and animal charities who are misinformed, ignorant and in some cases down right stupid. Fear mongering and media portrayal.

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thank you both. Great answers xlr8.very humble ..

10. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Well you know what they say... The Lord detests a proud heart lol. Glad you enjoyed my answers, I was happy to oblige. I enjoyed reading others' responses far more though!

11. 3TWO1

3TWO1 Pup

IMO the internet started off as a plus as far as communication and. Info but certain ppl couldn't understand censorship and extensive lengths big brother was capable
    of doing damage to the Fancy.

12. 3TWO1

3TWO1 Pup

The bully can do what they want real ppl know the difference between a Chrysler and a bently. Let the bully keep producing them 300's...lol. No registry perfect but IMO ADBA is lesser of evils at hand with DNA profiling regulates some of old/new timers from paper hanging so much give out the real and real will come back. Conformation shows can entertain those in the slow lane and help bring positive light to the breed. Best breeding (arguably) in the last 30yrs anything off jeep or yellow jmo. Adba/EBA not perfect but worth the effort to try and improve in the future. Work with any registry that truly wants to see the BREED prosper. Favorite line/strain-all of them with real ambassadors behind them (and let me have a piece of the pie:). Cross....jeep xx's..rbj..ect. favorite dog of today probably something down from Tant's Yellow. Breeder that impacted breed the most J.P Colby....and Tom Garner ppl talk ish about them but proof is still in the pudding. Breed in such a fragile state because of goofball newcomers and old timers thinking Everyone is a goofball newcomer. Thanks for post!

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Good morning. Thanks for the contribution.

Also wanted to bump this incase anyone had time to answer this weekend.
    Since everyone ain't speeding down a road to get to a show...maybe ...just maybe..
    We may get some more folks to ponder.

14. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

Very cool! I'll give it a reply sometime soon.

15. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

would be much obliged - and hope the bump can get others to give it a whirl -

16. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

great thread and anyother participants would be cool...

17. I think things should go back to like da old days when u couldn't even get the journal unless u were vouched for by at least 2 Dogmen, n been around for a while, also u could only bring 5 to a side. The internet jus let the wrong people get involved if u pissed them off they dropped dime like a cur. The real Dogmen of today are still silent about there dogs, to much ego and not the game I started with. But there r some getting it done the right way n u will never hear there names on da net

18. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...good post bad billy blood...

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

You must not remember the Journal. Everyone and their mother had a subscription and it was full of fake matches and rolls.

20. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I was thinking the same exact thing, even down to the 5 a side lol.. Guess he didn't attend a Pig Pickin or a party ever because it might of been 5 to a side, on the pot but def was more than 10 folks in attendance lol.